Bossmen Dry Cabinets users come in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyeo

May 6, 2002
Woodlands
Need your help. Recently after shifting my Bossmen dry cabinet to another room, I can't seem to get it to go back to 40% RH anymore. Also I lost the manual and forgot the knob settings. Can someone please tell me H, M, L stands for what level of humidity? And also is there anyway to get it to go back to 40% RH (like it was before I shift room)(I even tried putting silica gel inside but no use)?

hi chyeo,

i believe setting at M will be around 50-60% level.
try setting it btw L and M.
you will have to wait for at least 1/2 a day to see changes in the level.

cheers! :)

Originally posted by beachbum
hi chyeo,

i believe setting at M will be around 50-60% level.
try setting it btw L and M.
you will have to wait for at least 1/2 a day to see changes in the level.

I tried it, but it's still 50+% level... sianz... feel like buying a new one liao...

Isn't 50+% the recommended RH level?

is 50% the recommended level? i was told 40-45% is better... can someone confirm?

50+% should be good enuf.
in any case, if you don't think it is enuf, then down down the knob further lor.

Originally posted by beachbum
50+% should be good enuf.
in any case, if you don't think it is enuf, then down down the knob further lor.

That's the problem. Even after I turn the knob, it stays at 55-58% level. Help!?

Originally posted by chyeo
Need your help. Recently after shifting my Bossmen dry cabinet to another room, I can't seem to get it to go back to 40% RH anymore. Also I lost the manual and forgot the knob settings. Can someone please tell me H, M, L stands for what level of humidity? And also is there anyway to get it to go back to 40% RH (like it was before I shift room)(I even tried putting silica gel inside but no use)?

Settings for Bossmen Dry Cabinet.

1.To reset the RH, first remove all your stuff from the cabinet. Power on and set to "L" (low humidity) for at least 8 hours. Meter should go down to about 30 - 35. If it does not go to that level leave it for about a day.

2. When RH is at about 35, put all your stuff back into the cabinet. Set to "M" (medium humidity). After about 8 hours the RH should read between 45 to 55. This is the recommeded RH for storage of cameras. If you want a lower RH adjust the switch between "L" and "M" to get the RH you want.

3. DO NOT set at "H" (high humidity), this will bring the RH to above 60.

Everytime you open the cabinet to take stuffs out, the RH will rise and it will take about 6 hours to go back to your normal setting.

45 - 55 is recommended for cameras, too low will have some adverse long time effect on rubberised parts of the camera, like rubber grips. Low RH will cause the rubber to dry and crack.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by teerex
Settings for Bossmen Dry Cabinet.

1.To reset the RH, first remove all your stuff from the cabinet. Power on and set to "L" (low humidity) for at least 8 hours. Meter should go down to about 30 - 35. If it does not go to that level leave it for about a day.

2. When RH is at about 35, put all your stuff back into the cabinet. Set to "M" (medium humidity). After about 8 hours the RH should read between 45 to 55. This is the recommeded RH for storage of cameras. If you want a lower RH adjust the switch between "L" and "M" to get the RH you want.

3. DO NOT set at "H" (high humidity), this will bring the RH to above 60.

Everytime you open the cabinet to take stuffs out, the RH will rise and it will take about 6 hours to go back to your normal setting.

45 - 55 is recommended for cameras, too low will have some adverse long time effect on rubberised parts of the camera, like rubber grips. Low RH will cause the rubber to dry and crack.

Hope this helps.

Yes! I'm waiting for a post like this! Thanks man! :thumbsup:

Will go try later... :gbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.