bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goondoo

Nov 17, 2003
Away From Keyboard
Ok, i am getting real bored after waisj closed that thread.
Here are some pathetic pictures I had from my recent Bali trip. Your constructive (copyrighted to waisj) comments very much appreciated.

ghostpipefish.jpg

wa2.jpg

wa1.jpg

80e3b7e4.jpg

aae92c9d.jpg

btw..can u post the pic in 480X360 instead of 640 X 480.

I'm still using 15" CRT screen leh...

hehehe :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Goondoo said:

how come your subject matter and even composition so similar to someone else's......ok subject matter can't be helped since same dives but composition also similar!

I love this one. Set on tripod and long exposure? Can share the exif? I land photography goondoo

Well the sunpac can do medium wide angle....... :cry: thanks for letting me know soo late as i've spent thousands on DS125's.........

OK jokes aside. Please furnish some technical details about the shots. Focal lengths, distance to subjects, strobe power, lighting techniques... Lighting angles. .....

The ornate ghost seems abit soft?
Why soo many wide angles when you're such a macro person? :devil:

Gradient's looks nice as well. strobe coverage seems a bit weak though on full wides... on the reef scene.

What time of the day were you shooting at?

Agree with eric, the long exposure waves shot is good.

waisj said:
Well the sunpac can do medium wide angle....... :cry: thanks for letting me know soo late as i've spent thousands on DS125's.........

OK jokes aside. Please furnish some technical details about the shots. Focal lengths, distance to subjects, strobe power, lighting techniques... Lighting angles. .....

Gradient's looks nice as well. strobe coverage seems a bit weak though on full wides... on the reef scene.

i stand ready to buy your DS125 for the price of 2 sunpaks......

kthan said:
how come your subject matter and even composition so similar to someone else's......ok subject matter can't be helped since same dives but composition also similar!

I love this one. Set on tripod and long exposure? Can share the exif? I land photography goondoo

this is because there is only one of the steps we found that is suitable for putting our camera there long enough without shaking.... none of us brought a tripod... hehe...

I used ISO80, F8 and 3 sec exposure

waisj said:

I am quite a lowest ISO and F8 person, so 99% of my pictures will be using that. The shuttle speed is between 125-500.
I am not one of those that can calculate everything at the tip of my fingers, I simply shoot, too dark, lower shuttle speed by half,shoot again, too bright increase shuttle speed by half... etc.

Wasn't feeling very well, was actually running a high fever when i dove those extremely cold water. Another reason is taking care of my wife whom had problem in currents. Taking and focusing speed for WA shots were alot easier than trying to focus on those micro pygmy seahorse at the same time fighting for space and squeezing between a 10bar and ikelite housing...

I am extremely happy with the results of the 2 sunpak strobes as the luminations are truely amazing at its low cost. Please bare in mind I was not even using any WAL and I lost one of the diffuser while fighting current. So I am very positive that the pictures will turn out even better if I did use a WAL (which gildow generous wanted to lend me but I rejected cos I was busy chasing the jacks) and if the diffuser was around.

I cant remember the time of the pictures taken but it was like between 15-20 meters.

Lighting angles? M shape lor....

Goondoo said:
I am quite a lowest ISO and F8 person, so 99% of my pictures will be using that. The shuttle speed is between 125-500.
I am not one of those that can calculate everything at the tip of my fingers, I simply shoot, too dark, lower shuttle speed by half,shoot again, too bright increase shuttle speed by half... etc.

Wasn't feeling very well, was actually running a high fever when i dove those extremely cold water. Another reason is taking care of my wife whom had problem in currents. Taking and focusing speed for WA shots were alot easier than trying to focus on those micro pygmy seahorse at the same time fighting for space and squeezing between a 10bar and ikelite housing...

I am extremely happy with the results of the 2 sunpak strobes as the luminations are truely amazing at its low cost. Please bare in mind I was not even using any WAL and I lost one of the diffuser while fighting current. So I am very positive that the pictures will turn out even better if I did use a WAL (which gildow generous wanted to lend me but I rejected cos I was busy chasing the jacks) and if the diffuser was around.

I cant remember the time of the pictures taken but it was like between 15-20 meters.

Lighting angles? M shape lor....

hmmmm :think: Why don't you try to use F4 then a high shutter speed like 1000 next time. think the result will be better? i'm not sure. The higher the F-stop, the harder your strobes work. For a 28mm lens that the 5060 has, the sunpac is quite adequate. It almost covered teh whole scene.

The light sunballs are exposed properly. :thumbsup:

for sunburst, i'd use f11-16 and 1/125. i find the sunburst a little over. i like to see streaks.....so for your case, f8 and 1/250 or 1/500?

review on your screen and adjust accordingly from there.

kthan said:
for sunburst, i'd use f11-16 and 1/125. i find the sunburst a little over. i like to see streaks.....so for your case, f8 and 1/250 or 1/500?

review on your screen and adjust accordingly from there.

ok guys, just wanna clear this up.
I have a WA settings in one of my Modes and I thought I was still using F8.
I tried a Free Blog website by one of my sister company and realised most settings were not F8.

Here is the link, click on the pictures and then properties to view the EXIF.

I would like to apologise for any misconception caused :D

Goondoo said:
ok guys, just wanna clear this up.
I have a WA settings in one of my Modes and I thought I was still using F8.
I tried a Free Blog website by one of my sister company and realised most settings were not F8.

Here is the link, click on the pictures and then properties to view the EXIF.

I would like to apologise for any misconception caused :D
finally u join us there after ask u so long ago ;p . Yes I saw your photos there. Still like the last one best. Hope u post more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.