Borderlinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleveninth

Jan 17, 2006
Hi guys,

Just to inform those using thier service, they have moved location. Therefore the suite address allocated to you has changed. I learnt the hard way, made a purchase few days back. Luckily today i logged in to check my UK address as i wanted to buy something, then noticed my US address has changed. Now in the process of changing my shipping address from previous order.

Spoke with one of thier reps via live chat asking how come i wasn't informed via email or what about the change, and they apologized for the mistake. :sweat: Lucky thing havent shipped out my order.

Anyway heads up for those using the service.

Just sharing my recent bad experience with Borderlinx service.

I bought stuff from Amazon US and delivered to Borderlinx (BL) US. My package arrived at Borderlinx on 20 Jul and I paid the shipping charges, duty tax and ordered BL to ship to Singapore.

They created waybill/tracking number at their website and DHL tracking site, but they did not hand over the package to DHL (I confirmed this with DHL directly).

Almost daily, I kept calling, chatting, emailing BL customer service to get my package passed to DHL with no success. I found out that BL outsourced the customer service to 3rd party (I suspect the CS is in India, from their accent, I spoke to more than 5 different CS personnel). The worst part was the CS did not have a way to call directly to the team in US who is handling the packages (CS referred the US team as the hub team). The only communication CS had to US team was through email and the hub team did not even bother to reply to the CS team (in India), so every day I kept calling, chatting and emailing with CS team, CS kept saying they had escalated the case to hub team and waiting for response. This was happening for almost 2 weeks with daily chatting, calling and emailing and I was getting the same scripted response from CS.

I even called BL US directly (to US phone number which stated in our BL suite address). The response was also frustating, the US staff advised me to call to their CS eventhough I have explained to them that their CS could not do anything.

The whole experience was very frustating, my package stuck at BL US with no one could help me to get my case resolved.

Finally, on 11 Aug, BL conveniently created new tracking number (and deleted my old tracking number, I guess to remove the traces that package had been stuck at their side for so long) and passed the package to DHL. It took only 3 days for DHL to deliver my package to SG but took 23 days for BL to hand over the package to DHL.

My advise to all fellow Singaporeans, deal with company who has local representative in SG so you can get help from local rep if there is any problem, in this case SingPost VPOST may be better alternative for shipping your stuff from overseas to SG.

BTW, I am not the only one having bad experience with Borderlinx, you can read from many others with terrible shipping delay at http://www.facebook.com/borderlinx - see the comments on the facebook wall ("Just Others") - several of them are also from SG.

my experience is totally diff. I won 2 bids from 2 diff ebay sellers and once both are in BL US. i paid for it on last fri morning(SGP time) and Mon morning 11am(yesterday) it is in my hand. I am so impress....vpost on the otherhand i have shipped a few things through them and always take more than 1-2 weeks from the time the goods reach them to come back. what is worse is the tracking is pathetic...online shows still in US. next thing i know they are in SGP and i got a collection slip at my door because i couldn't arrange for ppl to stay at home and wait for the package. once they send sms telling me within 2 days will get..in the end 3-4 days later then i get...

Just sharing my recent bad experience with Borderlinx service.

I bought stuff from Amazon US and delivered to Borderlinx (BL) US. My package arrived at Borderlinx on 20 Jul and I paid the shipping charges, duty tax and ordered BL to ship to Singapore.

They created waybill/tracking number at their website and DHL tracking site, but they did not hand over the package to DHL (I confirmed this with DHL directly).

Almost daily, I kept calling, chatting, emailing BL customer service to get my package passed to DHL with no success. I found out that BL outsourced the customer service to 3rd party (I suspect the CS is in India, from their accent, I spoke to more than 5 different CS personnel). The worst part was the CS did not have a way to call directly to the team in US who is handling the packages (CS referred the US team as the hub team). The only communication CS had to US team was through email and the hub team did not even bother to reply to the CS team (in India), so every day I kept calling, chatting and emailing with CS team, CS kept saying they had escalated the case to hub team and waiting for response. This was happening for almost 2 weeks with daily chatting, calling and emailing and I was getting the same scripted response from CS.

I even called BL US directly (to US phone number which stated in our BL suite address). The response was also frustating, the US staff advised me to call to their CS eventhough I have explained to them that their CS could not do anything.

The whole experience was very frustating, my package stuck at BL US with no one could help me to get my case resolved.

Finally, on 11 Aug, BL conveniently created new tracking number (and deleted my old tracking number, I guess to remove the traces that package had been stuck at their side for so long) and passed the package to DHL. It took only 3 days for DHL to deliver my package to SG but took 23 days for BL to hand over the package to DHL.

My advise to all fellow Singaporeans, deal with company who has local representative in SG so you can get help from local rep if there is any problem, in this case SingPost VPOST may be better alternative for shipping your stuff from overseas to SG.

BTW, I am not the only one having bad experience with Borderlinx, you can read from many others with terrible shipping delay at http://www.facebook.com/borderlinx - see the comments on the facebook wall ("Just Others") - several of them are also from SG.

Didn't ya try the online chat service that's available on Borderlinx's site? Your case seemed to be kinda extreme.

I did use online chat but you know what - the CS who chatting with us is in India and they don't have direct connection to US team, they only can communicate to US team through email, the worst part is their US team seems don't bother to reply to email from India CS.

My case is not the only one, you checked on Borderlinx facebook, there are many people with stuck/lost packages at BL side.

You may have good experience with BL previously but once you have stuck packages, it will take ages and involve lots of frustrations dealing with ineffective CS to get it resolved.

Didn't ya try the online chat service that's available on Borderlinx's site? Your case seemed to be kinda extreme.

I did use online chat but you know what - the CS who chatting with us is in India and they don't have direct connection to US team, they only can communicate to US team through email, the worst part is their US team seems don't bother to reply to email from India CS.

My case is not the only one, you checked on Borderlinx facebook, there are many people with stuck/lost packages at BL side.

You may have good experience with BL previously but once you have stuck packages, it will take ages and involve lots of frustrations dealing with ineffective CS to get it resolved.

Then that's strange, all the CS that I've chatted with via the online chat are from States.

The only issue that I have with 'em is that their replies are not consistent for the same question that they're being asked. Didn't experience any stuck package issue even after more than 50 odd times dealing with 'em.

I am quite sure that their CS is not in US 'cos I was very frustated and pressed them for info what happened with my package, they admitted that they are an outsourced company and not in the US.

Furthermore, I had many phone conversations with their CS (also using their tools on the website to get them to call back) and spoke to more than 5 different CS persons, their accent all Indian English, though they are using Western names such Rick, Amy, Jason, Teresa, Vivian, Shane, etc.

You may have good experience before with Borderlinx, but be careful their quality of service drops recently with flood of iphone4 orders, many cases of lost packages, terrible delay, slipped packages.

Then that's strange, all the CS that I've chatted with via the online chat are from States.

The only issue that I have with 'em is that their replies are not consistent for the same question that they're being asked. Didn't experience any stuck package issue even after more than 50 odd times dealing with 'em.

I am quite sure that their CS is not in US 'cos I was very frustated and pressed them for info what happened with my package, they admitted that they are an outsourced company and not in the US.

Furthermore, I had many phone conversations with their CS (also using their tools on the website to get them to call back) and spoke to more than 5 different CS persons, their accent all Indian English, though they are using Western names such Rick, Amy, Jason, Teresa, Vivian, Shane, etc.

You may have good experience before with Borderlinx, but be careful their quality of service drops recently with flood of iphone4 orders, many cases of lost packages, terrible delay, slipped packages.

:think: That's new. But nevertheless, I'm still using 'em since I have no problem with my shipment even if Borderlinx is flooded with iPhone 4 orders. ;)

just saw their fb site...most complaints appeared to be related to iphone 4. Vpost also not fool proof and has its shares of delays and lost mail. The worse is the slow delivery...

I have been using Vpost and recently tried BL. quite impress with the speed. Paid on Fri then next thing i know it is at my doorstep on monday morning.

Vpost slow to update receipt send in and slow to update product arrival. shows me Goods still in US processing and next thing it is in SGP and i don't know so got no one home to collect. If not is tell me in Singapore and will send within 2 days. Next thing happen is only come in 4 days later and again no one home...

Status
Not open for further replies.