Books on Photoshop CS/CS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2005
Does anyone have any recommendation on what value-for-money books to readup or buy on using CS/CS2 to touch up photographs?

Was browsing at a bookstore and came across Scott Kelby's books. Seems pretty comprehensive.

Another seemingly good title is "Photoshop CS : The art of photographing women" by Kevin Ames. This book focus mainly on how to touch up the female portraits.

-andy

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Get "Adobe Photoshop CS2 for photographers" by Martin Evning, my favorite.

AdyH

Mar 8, 2005
tomshen said:
Get "Adobe Photoshop CS2 for photographers" by Martin Evning, my favorite.
Hey Guys

Which wud u recommend?? the one above or the one by Scott Kelby "Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers". Anyway i can't seems to find the CS2 for photographers in bookshops.

You won't go wrong with the ones by Martin Evening or Scott Kelby. Both are highly rated. You should be able to get at least the Scott Kelby from Riceball @ Adelphi. The Martin Evening one is available from Kinokuniya, but you probably can get a better price if you get Riceball to order for you.

Regards
CK

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
AdyH said:
Hey Guys

Which wud u recommend?? the one above or the one by Scott Kelby "Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers". Anyway i can't seems to find the CS2 for photographers in bookshops.
Riceball just called me and their Martine's book has arrived. Pity I have bought a copy but it's CS. To me Martine's one is more comprehensive and detailed. You may borrow Scott's from NLB and then dig more from Martine's. Scott's book is a bit on the easy side.

madison

Dec 3, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Ha, ha... hopefully age don't come into play here with regards to how good the books are.

Anyway, I have both books and both are great!!! At least the books are not boring to read.

Feb 14, 2005
Great response ! Anyway, I'll most probably steal some time on Monday to go down Riceball to take a look. Thanks !

-andy

jopel

Dec 21, 2004
One other book that I would recommend if you want more than basic is Adobe Photoshop CS: The Art of Photographing Women
by Kevin Ames

It is not really about taking photo rather advanced ps skills for retouching.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
Saw the book by Martin at Borders. I din buy becos the price is like 89 bucks or something like that. But I did browse thru' it and find it great. Very detailed and very instructive. But if you just need to learn a few techniques, tools and tips, probably, magazines, on-line tutorials and so forth would do. IMO, the book is for those who wish to have a comprehensive knowledge of PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom