Books on framing shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
Are there any books that will help me out in this sense? I have the bad habit of often framing the subject in the middle, so I would like to find out more methods of framing a photo.

just a suggestion, why not look up into the photos posted by members and learn from them? there are stock photography websites around as well as many magazines laying around you, take a good look and study them, you certainly need not really need to buy a book to study composition, you just need to open your version a little and look around you for inspiration.

have fun!

Vulpix0r said:
Are there any books that will help me out in this sense? I have the bad habit of often framing the subject in the middle, so I would like to find out more methods of framing a photo.

1 There are books on composition. Take a trip to Riceballs book shop in Adelphi level 4 and ask Zhong Ling to help you

2 B&S's advice is also very practical and helpful

3 You can also join photoshoots and learn on the spot from more experienced photographers

4 You can look at your own photographs, and using two L-shaped cards, "crop" your images and see what type of composition appeals to you.

Try this 2 books. They're pretty good. Both by writer Bryan Petersen

1. Understanding Exposure
2. Learning to see creatively

Status
Not open for further replies.