Books for K200D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calahan

Jun 26, 2009
Toa Payoh
Hi there. Not sure to put this here or Buy and Sell,

Just gotten a 2nd hand K200D and new to DSLR. I noticed that there are some books written specifically for K200D. Does anyone out there have a copy that they want sell off or does anyone knows of any 2nd hand bookstores that may sell camera books?

Thanks for your advise.

most of these books are just adaptations of the manual, if you ask me

so why not start with the manual, which is downloadable from the net.

yeah the manual would be enough. its enough for me :)
other than that, just play around. you will just suddenly realise you have this function or that ;)

Well, Pentax is not Nikon or Canon. You don't find much books for Pentax for sure.:D
Them seem to have several even more than 10,20 book for just 1 DSLR model. :dunno:

There Is Nothing More Practical than the Practice of Theory.:)

Okay, since you guys say so and only because you guys say so, I will follow ;)

I have gone through the manual briefly only and assumed that the books will have more details. And of course the colour photos! Anyway, I'll take your advice and "mug" the manual.

Thanks.

I used to have the Magic Lantern guide for K100D. In almost no time at all I didn't find it useful anymore... and I eventually gave it away to someone who was also asking for a guide book on CS. Generally, it's better to spend the money on books that teach shooting and lighting techniques, than books about the gear itself.

Okay, since you guys say so and only because you guys say so, I will follow ;)

I have gone through the manual briefly only and assumed that the books will have more details. And of course the colour photos! Anyway, I'll take your advice and "mug" the manual.

Thanks.

I saw a guide book for K200D at the book store at Vivo city. The store name is Page One, on the second storey, above Giant.

I saw a guide book for K200D at the book store at Vivo city. The store name is Page One, on the second storey, above Giant.

It is the Magic Latern Guide for K200D in PageOne at Vivo City. :)

Hey guys, thanks for the continous update. Thanks bro for the book title and the location. Will do a search in case the manual proves to be more difficult than I thought.

Well incase I need more help and 2nd camera books, which part of this forum can I look up on photography books? Is there any?

I will "mug" the manual this weekend.

Presently all the Popular bookshops have stock of a K200D DSLR Guide which is a change because its usually only N and C books and even if they have pentax ones, they are for K10 or k20...:)

Went to Popular Bras Basah and saw the book but over $50. As suggested by some bros here, I will "mug" the Manual...

Thanks guys for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.