Book Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Here is a book i've read awhile back but i recently found it again and have decided to re-read it, now that i have a slightly better understanding of photography...

Title: Trick Shot
Author: David Hunt

It's fiction. :) Tells a tale of a free lance photographer, Kay Farrow who tries to unravel a hit-and-run of her mentor who was an acclaimed photojournalist.

Good read.

:thumbsup:

A few quotes taken from the book itself, the thoughts which are shared between the main character and her mentor in the book...

On photography

Photography can be thought of in numerous ways-in terms of f-stops and shutter speeds, film types and lenses, composition, content, print quality and a hundred ways more. But in the end-this was Maddy's primary lesson-photography is about the photographer's vision, her way of seeing.

'Ask yourself,' she would say, 'what am i seeing?' and then, 'how can i convey it in the strongest possible way?'

To take pictures, without encapsulating one's feeling was a sin

On what is content is acceptable

You can photography anything you like. I never quarrel over content. But the intensity of your vision-that's fair game.

All i ask is that everytime you take a picture, you invest yourself completely. To do any less is to cheat art

When faced with a lousy shot...

Nice snapshots, did you bring me any photographs today?

I don't feel anything here, i can't see what you ere looking at

Status
Not open for further replies.