Book reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Fontaine

Jun 12, 2008
Jalan Poonpipi
We don't often see people reading a book in public.

Not in the crowded MRT, not at McD/KFC or in a banking hall, waiting for your number to be called, while waiting in a queue.

Well, a few days ago, I went to a clinic for some minor ailment. I brought a book to read. The doc told me that he hasn't seen a patient who brought a book to read in a long time. :think:

what did you read?

I read Today Online on the Ipod Touch while queueing up for my wanton noodles...

I read clubsnap kopitiam posts

People nowadays are more into their PSP, DS, iPhones, PDAs, etc.

Very hard to spot someone reading a book.

still very common for ppl to read in the mrt...

often see people reading too...

and those with thick books too... can't imagine myself carrying such a thick paperback while going out shopping though...

I don't read or do anything else. I just try to frame a shoot and look for best composition for a good pic. :p

i read the environment and scene everytime i go out, see how people behave, especially singaporean. sometimes their mentality very hard to comprehend :bsmilie:

seriously, i still do see the working class reading books, usually those who got seats on trains. There's also a rising number of psp chiongster from the working class.

Once i saw this pui pui schoolboy playing psp from braddell to bukit batok not lifting his head even once. power

I find that my friends and I dun read much.

Seriously, I do not read in public ... unless it is a public library.
But however, I do read at home. :)

still very common for ppl to read in the mrt...

On average, the percent of reading passengers vs non-reading passengers are still low.

My personal observation is I dun see more than 20% of passengers in a cabin read a book. :bsmilie:

On average, the percent of reading passengers vs non-reading passengers are still low.

My personal observation is I dun see more than 20% of passengers in a cabin read a book. :bsmilie:
if one in 5 people read books while in transit, it's actually a very high number.

i think it's no more than 1 in 15

I read standing on MRT everyday, I see MANY people reading as well everyday...
Perhaps TS does not take the train often?:)

So, actually what prompted me to start this thread is the observation that all the patient in the clinic was just starring at the blank walls. They dun even wanna to browse thru' a magazine in the clinic, while waiting to see the Doc.

I always have a book to standby so that when I have to wait in a queue like in the clinic, or in the bank or whatever, I could do some reading and not waiting impatiently for my turn. Frankly, I am not an avid reader at all.

Currently reading Larry Bond's First Team..... , after having finished Dan Brown's Angels and Demons.

I see many people reading in the train too.

For me,i read in the train, when i am eating alone, while queuing up and before i sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.