Bonsai

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi! This Old bonsai was taken last weekend in Chinese Garden.

Decorative_Plant.aspx

The purpose is to try out as a product shot first time for me.
I would like to seek your opinion or feedback on improvement to make it better
Any comments are welcome

Here's EXIF information.
Camera: Olympus E-300
Lens: Olympus 50mm f2.0 Macro
Lens Adapter: None
ISO: 100
Aperture: f13.0
Shutter Speed: 1/40s
Focal Length: 50mm
Flash: No
Tripod/Monopod: No

Thank you in advance.

I believe, many people would had the same feeling as i do... THe image is too flat. There is like nothing in it that makes it looks interesting, much less 3D feeling as what bonsai would usually gives us. Could had tried shooting at different angles rather at a frontal view of the plant.

Give it a more natural background than just plain white. And yes, as Nigel has mentioned, it's too flat.

Try to imagine it's a 3D painting of a scenery from somewhere in China as they had initially brought the art of Bonsai to the world.

Was there post-processing done? If there was, it is very shoddy work. Your erasing/painting of the background to white is not thorough. I can still see many portions still coloured by specks (unless my eyes are playing tricks on me)

Thank you for all your comments.
I think this old bonsai can't sell :(
I need to be work harder somemore to get good result
Cheers,

I think you made things difficult for yourself doing a product shoot through depending so much on digital post-processing. I'm not experienced in this area but I do believe a lot of site planning, preparation, and tools (lighting, backdrop, etc) are needed for making the photographer's work easier.

I think you made things difficult for yourself doing a product shoot through depending so much on digital post-processing. I'm not experienced in this area but I do believe a lot of site planning, preparation, and tools (lighting, backdrop, etc) are needed for making the photographer's work easier.

It is not meant to be a product shoot or working during weekend for me
It's just a snapshot as I just spend a very short time there.
I'm busy working in the office during weekday..... weekend activities will be taking photos.... just to past time or get aways from office routine works

It is interesting to know that if we see it as a piece of art work and the viewer's comments will be entirely different :think:

http://www.myfourthirds.com/document.php?id=35895

By the way, my purpose of this trip was to shoot damselflies only.

Status
Not open for further replies.