Bon Appétit

asthio88

Jun 26, 2005
Hi all,

Sharing my collection of food, food, food.

C&C are welcome and appreciated
:)

The following series were taken from Chihuly Lounge, nice place especially for tea lovers.

Ritz15.jpg

Ritz14.jpg

Ritz17.jpg

Ritz10.jpg

Last edited:
Ritz11.jpg

Ritz18.jpg

Ritz19.jpg

Ritz12.jpg

Last edited:
Ritz16.jpg

Ritz20.jpg

Ritz13.jpg

Ritz21.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers....​

Last edited:
Some peranakan dishes:

Chilli pomfret:
Ivings03.jpg

Sambal Terong (chilli brinjal):
Ivings02.jpg

Ayam Buah Keluak (chicken braised in spicy tamarind gravy with buah keluak/black nuts):
Ivings04.jpg

Bakwan Kepiting (crab meat/minced pork balls with bamboo shoots soup):
Ivings05.jpg

Last edited:
some unhealthy stuff..

bak kut teh & te kah
Bakkut00.jpg

bak kut teh (pork rib soup)
Bakkut02.jpg

with you tiao (fried fritter)
Bakkut01.jpg

te kah (pig trotter in black vinegar), not for the faint hearted as it ws really oily and fattening
Bakkut03.jpg

Last edited:
Your photos very nice and look delicious especially this few, really make me drool. Hehe. Can tell the place you have it?

Some peranakan dishes:

Chilli pomfret:
Ivings03.jpg

Sambal Terong (chilli brinjal):
Ivings02.jpg

Ayam Buah Keluak (chicken braised in spicy tamarind gravy with buah keluak/black nuts):
Ivings04.jpg

Bakwan Kepiting (crab meat/minced pork balls with bamboo shoots soup):
Ivings05.jpg

Your photos very nice and look delicious especially this few, really make me drool. Hehe. Can tell the place you have it?

Thanks Janetleeyj, glad you like them. The dishes are from Ivings, along Jalan Leban (Upp Thomson RD).

Home-cooked traditional Hakka Lei Cha Fan (Thunder Tea Rice):

Lei%2520Cha%252004.jpg

Lei%2520Cha%252005.jpg

Lei%2520Cha%252003.jpg

Last edited:
Arghh Upp Thomson very far for me wor. :( Is the food good? More importantly, spicy or not?

Your homecook lei ca look pro :D

Thanks Janetleeyj, glad you like them. The dishes are from Ivings, along Jalan Leban (Upp Thomson RD).

Great collection.

:)

can you share how to cook lei cha fan? that's my favorite but no idea what kind of veggies and how to cook it

tks onioncube.

we use whatever veggies we can find in the market as there's really no limitation on lei cha if you know how the dish came about in the first place :) the usual ones: french beans, green cabbage, kailan, chye sim. the more important dish for lei cha is the bean curd (fried with dried shrimps, basil leaves/jiu ceng ta and green shallots/suan or chives/jiu cai). you can also add pickled radish (chai poh) and red beans.

if you need the step by step, give me sometime to do it. :)

Arghh Upp Thomson very far for me wor. :( Is the food good? More importantly, spicy or not?

Your homecook lei ca look pro :D

The food is ok, some dishes are good, some so-so. Not too spicy. The original outlet is located in Binjai Park, Bkt Timah area and many believe the food tastes better thn the Upp Thomson outlet.

IIRC they are franchising out and have a few outlets in shopping complexes. Not too sure whether the quality is the same though.

Last edited:
King of fruits:

Durian00.jpg

Durian01.jpg

Durian02.jpg

Durian03.jpg

Okie, thank you. Bktimah more convenient, do you have the address?

The food is ok, some dishes are good, some so-so. Not too spicy. The original outlet is located in Binjai Park, Bkt Timah area and many believe the food tastes better thn the Upp Thomson outlet.

IIRC they are franchising out and have a few outlets in shopping complexes. Not too sure whether the quality is the same though.

your pics look really good.. what camera / lens are you using?

Okie, thank you. Bktimah more convenient, do you have the address?

Sorry, I don't have the exact address but you can google for Ivings. I believe they have a website.

your pics look really good.. what camera / lens are you using?

thanks metranguility. Mostly taken with Sony A550 + Sigma 30mm f1.4, Sigma 50mm f1.4 or Sony 18-250, some with Sony A700 and the older photos with Canon 40D + 17-55mm f2.8

Last edited:
From East Coast UDMC:

Golden Crispy Chicken
JumboSF%2004a.jpg

Sweet Sour Fish
JumboSF%2003.jpg

Sotong You Tiao
JumboSF%2007.jpg

Chilli Crab
JumboSF%2005.jpg

Last edited:
I like your shots! I am starting to prefer how overexposing brings out the food subjects, I usually find my shots a little underexposed. quick question, what aperture do u usually shoot at ? I sometimes shoot at 1.8 because the restaurant is too dim, but the its too shallow.. i am undecided in between 2 - 2.8 ..

I like your shots! I am starting to prefer how overexposing brings out the food subjects, I usually find my shots a little underexposed. quick question, what aperture do u usually shoot at ? I sometimes shoot at 1.8 because the restaurant is too dim, but the its too shallow.. i am undecided in between 2 - 2.8 ..

Thanks jacobus. I don't usually shoot wide open due to the shallow DOF but thn again, really depends on what I am shooting and the effect I want. I use the natural light whenever possible but if it is not even after bumping up the ISO, I use flash (bounced + diffuser) which is of course not really ideal (shadow). Yes, overexposing a tad does bring out the food subject. :)

Something different from a zhi char (cook & fry) stall:

Shi Liu Ji (Pomegranate Chicken)
QuanJi%2025.jpg

QuanJi%2026.jpg

Minced chicken, ham, mushroom, bamboo shoots etc wrapped in popiah/spring roll skin and shaped like a pomegranate
QuanJi%2027.jpg

Last edited: