Bokeh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotaboy

Deregistered
Nov 23, 2007
Woodlands
I want to know how can i create bokeh.
The aperture has been set at max f/4.0,allowing minimium light to enter and shutter is at 1/4000s.
My intended subject is still as blur as everything when i only want the background to be blur.

How can i address the issue?
lense is a 28mm-10mm f/2.8-f/4.0

I want to know how can i create bokeh.
The aperture has been set at max f/4.0,allowing minimium light to enter and shutter is at 1/4000s.
My intended subject is still as blur as everything when i only want the background to be blur.

How can i address the issue?
lense is a 28mm-10mm f/2.8-f/4.0

this should have been posted under newbie section i suppose.

i think you got your understanding of aperture haywired alittle. at f4, more light is able to enter as compared to a value say f16 or f22. the smaller the f value, the more light that can enter and vice versa. bokeh can better be achieved with lens of bigger apertures such as f1.8 or bigger :)

try zooming in on your subject and going closer to it when shooting to create that depth of field i suppose u wanted?

this should have been posted under newbie section i suppose.

i think you got your understanding of aperture haywired alittle. at f4, more light is able to enter as compared to a value say f16 or f22. the smaller the f value, the more light that can enter and vice versa. bokeh can better be achieved with lens of bigger apertures such as f1.8 or bigger :)

try zooming in on your subject and going closer to it when shooting to create that depth of field i suppose u wanted?

isn't that what i said..?
At f/4.0 to allow minium light to enter.
The smaller the f/x value,the more light is allowed to enter.

To have a nice Bokeh the back ground has to be at a distance to the subject. Shooting at the longer end of the lens and with the biggest aperture will help. For your case, do your really need a shutter speed of 1/4000? it will be better to use the 2.8f, 1/2000 if possible. At f4 the subject and the background has to be at a significant distance to achieve a nice bokeh.

i think he confused? he thinks bigger means F4> ?(eg. F5.6 F8...)

i think first things first is that sometimes we get lazy and type f/22 as f22 or f/1.8 as f1.8.

smaller the f-number(don't care the '/') for eg f1.8, your background will be blurrer. f22, background will be sharper.

then again looking at your question again, you say your subject is blur. since u shoot at 1/4000s and i assume your subject is still, then the problem shouldn't be handshake but focusing. so there's something wrong with either you, the camera or the lens. another thing is that just maybe your DOF is too thin, leading to only certain parts of your subject in focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.