Bokeh/Night photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuggen

Apr 5, 2006
Bukit Panjang
After looking at lens reviews, can someone enlighten me why would 1 choose to pay a premium for a f1.4 to a f1.8? Does it gives better night photography choices? eg. faster shutter. Or simply the bokeh can blow one's sane mind?

Please enlight!

what u want to do in the first place??

i dont think its better for night photography but more for low light condition.

to me night photography is more for sceneric, moon, light trials, star trails.. etc etc.. that requires a need for a tripod ALL THE TIME but thats just me so faster shutter doesnt helps.

super low f stops only happens in prime and if 1.4 gives a better bokeh than a 1.8 then why not? it also gives a faster shutter (if necessary), 1 stone kill 2 bird! BBB..

SO YEAH SO MUCH CRAP. they are more for bokeh and low light photography. candid shots and such so we do not need a flashgun.

my 2 cents.

Looks like Night photography really needs the tripod. So its kinda difficult to take pictures of people walking along the streets in the night.

I'm just quite curious over why people are getting f1.4 and pay for a premium. Perhaps a stone killing two birds is actually worth a gold bar.

Looks like Night photography really needs the tripod. So its kinda difficult to take pictures of people walking along the streets in the night.

I'm just quite curious over why people are getting f1.4 and pay for a premium. Perhaps a stone killing two birds is actually worth a gold bar.

The premim paid on lenses, is realy for the glass, better quality glass, advance coating, gives better resolution, color, contrast ... just to name a few of the attribute each and every one of us are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.