Body Worlds at Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

loupgarou

Sep 9, 2003
any planned outings? anyone knows if photography is allowed?

Not Allowed :(

exhibition ends 8th feb.

no photography allowed, but you can buy the book...$35 which has all the pictures.

it's hard to believe that the bodies are real, they look so plastic..
but they come with everything... :bigeyes:

oh, if you like to see how those hardware goes into the bones to fix them when they are broken, they have good models..

but definitely not for the fainthearted. :D

skyflash said:
I thought they replaced some parts with plastic?

I had went to London to visit this exhibition when it was there last year. Very intriguing and, no doubt, certain "items" on exhibit are very controversial too. I thought this exhibition would never have made it to Singapore.

The parts are not replaced by plastic! The body and parts are preserved by a method called plastination. You can read more from here

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/plastination.asp

yeah, I certainly would like to learn how to preserve bodies too...(ok: fish bodies..hahah)

Royce said:
No photography?!! No fair!! ;(

Why not?
They are copyrighted works of art. No reproduction or transmission of any kind without prior permission. Permission to view does not automatically grant you the permission to take pictures.

Prismatic said:
Why not?
They are copyrighted works of art. No reproduction or transmission of any kind without prior permission. Permission to view does automatically grant you the permission to take pictures.

Huh?
You do mean that "Permission to view does not automatically grant you the permission to take pictures"

SMM said:
I had went to London to visit this exhibition when it was there last year. Very intriguing and, no doubt, certain "items" on exhibit are very controversial too. I thought this exhibition would never have made it to Singapore.

The parts are not replaced by plastic! The body and parts are preserved by a method called plastination. You can read more from here

ermm....plastination is a process whereby the body fluids and fats are replaced by plastic.
Not the parts...so naturally they look plastic.
Imagine instead of blood flowing thru the blood vessels...inside are plastic.

jnifur said:
ermm....plastination is a process whereby the body fluids and fats are replaced by plastic.
Not the parts...so naturally they look plastic.
Imagine instead of blood flowing thru the blood vessels...inside are plastic.

So they are infact plastic, not real body parts.

loupgarou said:
yeah, I certainly would like to learn how to preserve bodies too...(ok: fish bodies..hahah)

just keep the fish in the freezer lor ;p

I wonder whether they should end earlier. I don't think they will have much visitors during the CNY period.

Wolfgang said:
Anyone know the admission charge? :dunno:

Its 18bucks for adult....think for student theres a concession price of 12bucks....
oh entry for kids under 6 is free i think....
only sure that adult is 18bucks!

-Cheers!
I'm going for sure!! :bsmilie:

SMM said:

totally agree!! amazing exhibition - saw it in London last year too!! they even found a way to preserve the whole network of blood vessels!

not to be missed!

and the book is really good too, worth buying - for "biology" lessons.. :) very thick and allows you to relive the exhibition again and again..

is the exhibition open for public already? i thought they still don't have the permission yet?

opened to public, thankfully MDA allowed it (imho, they shouldn't have a say to it anyway, ticketed entry is caveat emptor, you don't want to see it is your own business, don't prevent others from doing so.)

WrongWay said:
Its 18bucks for adult....think for student theres a concession price of 12bucks....
oh entry for kids under 6 is free i think....
only sure that adult is 18bucks!

-Cheers!
I'm going for sure!! :bsmilie:

Poly students also $12 ?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.