Body Upgrade

Shafune

Feb 3, 2010
Aljunied
I currently own a Sony A300 body. Been using it for a lil more than 2 years alr and i'm thinking of upgrading. The shutter count is ard 2000+.

The reason for upgrading is as follows:
1. The A300 only uses as CF card. This is pretty troublesome when it comes to uploading pictures into the com. Majority of the people do not own CF card reader. This makes it troublesome to lend to my friends the memory card when they want the pictures. I used to own a CF card reader but one of the rods in the slot dented thus making the reader useless.

So should i invest in another CF card reader or upgrade to a different body with sd card capabilities which is also cheaper compared to a cf card?

Hope some bro's can enlighten me. Thanks in advance. :)

CF cards are FAST compared to SD cards... Persoanlly I still prefer CF cards.

Nowadays technology is moving so fast... You can get a great deal on a second-hand A550 (damn solid camera), or go for an A55. They support SD cards.

I currently own a Sony A300 body. Been using it for a lil more than 2 years alr and i'm thinking of upgrading. The shutter count is ard 2000+.

The reason for upgrading is as follows:
1. The A300 only uses as CF card. This is pretty troublesome when it comes to uploading pictures into the com. Majority of the people do not own CF card reader. This makes it troublesome to lend to my friends the memory card when they want the pictures. I used to own a CF card reader but one of the rods in the slot dented thus making the reader useless.

So should i invest in another CF card reader or upgrade to a different body with sd card capabilities which is also cheaper compared to a cf card?

Hope some bro's can enlighten me. Thanks in advance. :)

Wont it makes more sense by buying a CF + SD card reader? Majority of the camera uses CF or SD card. One card reader just costs a little more than S$30/- and some brands even less than S$20/-, some more it is both PC and Mac compatitible.

I think one upgrade due to the need and also user friendly functions, not want to upgrade then upgrade. If you have the few cash to spend, go ahead, but your A300 is not using to the max. A bit pity for the A300.

:thumbsup:

CF cards for me as well.

Wont it makes more sense by buying a CF + SD card reader? Majority of the camera uses CF or SD card. One card reader just costs a little more than S$30/- and some brands even less than S$20/-, some more it is both PC and Mac compatitible.

I think one upgrade due to the need and also user friendly functions, not want to upgrade then upgrade. If you have the few cash to spend, go ahead, but your A300 is not using to the max. A bit pity for the A300.

:thumbsup:

I do agree. I feel like its a waste to upgrade as my A300 have been and is still serving me well. The only qualms i have is with the CF card. In my experience, its pretty trouble some to attach the cf card to the reader as there are many little connectors. This increases the chanceof breaking or bending them. Its pretty fustrating to lug ard my A300 just to upload pics into a computer.

Does anybody face the same problem?

Does anybody face the same problem?

Nope. Never had a problem with my card or reader. I don't just jam it in at full force though.

I think your reason to upgrade does not justify an upgrade, Continue yo enjoy your A300. what you need is a card reader, most probably those that can read/write different kind of cards aka all in one card reader.

btw, i trust CF cards more than SD.

Nope. Never had a problem with my card or reader. I don't just jam it in at full force though.

Hmm. Maybe i'll give the card reader another shot. Would invest in sth with a better design. My previous 1 is a really cheap reader which feels like a toy.

Hmm. Maybe i'll give the card reader another shot. Would invest in sth with a better design. My previous 1 is a really cheap reader which feels like a toy.

I always use Sandisk. It's really a full-speed usb 2.0 reader unlike the cheapo sim lim square units which actually transfer at USB 1.1 only.

I always use Sandisk. It's really a full-speed usb 2.0 reader unlike the cheapo sim lim square units which actually transfer at USB 1.1 only.

I'll take note. Thx for the advice bros. ;)

He is the fast and hard in guy... :bsmilie:

I think your CF/SD concerns are just an excuse to change camera body. Save the money.

i will get DX and FX together without switch over to upgrade....

I think your CF/SD concerns are just an excuse to change camera body. Save the money.

Probably due to the increase in new technology has poisoned me with the bbb virus. Thx for the advice anyway. :bsmilie:

Can try SD to CF card adapter. Speed and reliability is a concern though.

Get this UDMA CF/SD card reader from Lexar. Fast and reliable. Have been using it since 2008.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9813694-1.html
udma_dual_lrg.jpg

Image borrowed from cnet.com

Probably due to the increase in new technology has poisoned me with the bbb virus. Thx for the advice anyway. :bsmilie:

Control control control :devil:

But really la. Don't get tempted to bbb.

Your reason may be not strong enough to justify the change ;)