Body Protector for 5DMk2

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me
Hi,

Anyone use this product and willing to share the review ?

Is this one use for extreme condition like rocky mountains , perhaps ?

18-51-IMG1.jpeg

http://www.cameraarmor.com/product/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-II,51,2.htm

i've tried one (D90 though) it sucks! :sticktong

The material attracts dirt and the additional protection it provides is minimal. If you drop the camera at waist height, I don't think it matters whether you have it on or not.

I tried before and went back to change to other stuff instead. YOu will lose all the feel to the buttons and the hot shoe protector is damn difficult to remove to put on the flash. I heard from the shop some ppl even cut it off.
Hope that my experience is useful to you. The protector is not cheap either.

i have one for a 5D mark 1, and i used it when i went australia outfield for a month. basically the pros and cons are:

pros
-improves your grip on the camera
-makes the camera a little 'fatter' cos of the extra layer...feels good to hold it but might be subjective.
-protects against stuff hitting onto the camera (e.g. stuff in your bag, stuff in the car, etc)
-gives you a little more confidence to shoot in bad weather

cons
-the lens armor thing is quite useless (at least on bigger lenses, i used a 24-105mm)
-when water droplets get inbetween the case and the camera, it is SUPER hard to clean it up.
-dust too
-like all silicon cases, they degrade after time and become a little stiff.
-takes a while getting used to the buttons cos they are now covered (you gotta really know what buttons do what)
-hard to change batteries (at least for 5D mk1 it was blocking the battery door)
-maybe a little hard to constantly change lenses as smoothly as without the case

whatever it was, i took it out when i came back to sg and it felt like my 5D became a 500D...felt a lot 'skinnier' LOL!

The material attracts dirt and the additional protection it provides is minimal. If you drop the camera at waist height, I don't think it matters whether you have it on or not.

also, i second this. i think you are better off with gaffer tape...more worth it. never used it once i got back from sg..not much point.