Body Paint on model for nude shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

siam1

Nov 21, 2008
i am thinking to paint my model for some artistic nude shot ,

anyone got any good choice of paint which is easy to put on and remove as well as stay on the body while i take the shot and not dirty the bedsheet as well as fabric that is going to be used .

anyone got any good choice of paint which is easy to put on and remove as well as stay on the body while i take the shot and not dirty the bedsheet as well as fabric that is going to be used .

there are specific paints used for body-painting ... but i don't think there is anything that would not dirty the bedsheet or fabric. Even though the paint will dry, it will still smudge.

I believe there are a few body-painters in CS.

Should not smudge as long as you bake in oven for a few hours:bsmilie:

latex do dry up and foam a layer on the skin .

but hard ot get rich red color as well as other special color ,

and if you use a hair dryer to blow it , it will dry up - not sure what is the effect on model .

i also like the hindus Dye , like henna - but the color is limited .

any suggestion .

i know i can get yellow from some herbal . dye .

alot of the body paint is just got kids out there notthing professional .

Do spare a thought for the model too... do make sure the paint is safe for skin(non-toxic) and does not stain the skin. Some hennas stains can last a few weeks...

those are the info i am looking for .

thanks for the info any more ?

I think acrylics are hard to remove.. I know there's a type of paint best for this. Not sure what it's called though.

What I've used though was mix poster paint(water-based) with lotion. This will make it easier to remove. I suggest you put lotion on the whole body as well even if it won't get painted.

Try this out first on your skin before you go all out.

I think acrylics are hard to remove.. I know there's a type of paint best for this. Not sure what it's called though.

What I've used though was mix poster paint(water-based) with lotion. This will make it easier to remove. I suggest you put lotion on the whole body as well even if it won't get painted.

Try this out first on your skin before you go all out.

hmm..interesting.. :think:

Thanks a lot! Will test it out ;)

From memory the water-based paints used in pre-schools for the kids if useful. I think they come from craft shops

:lovegrin: yeah, should test the skin first for allergy on all water-based paints, because it will severely cause irritations bro. Some acrylics are good, like the neons so it can create a nice colors.. :)

Try Art Friend. I went to Art Friend to buy some acrylic paint for my room and saw those special paint for body art. It is formulated for body art and does not contain toxic material.

I'm just guessing here, but it would make most sense to use stage make-up /effects paints which are usually oil based for it's intense colors and ease of application/does not crack and moderately difficult to smudge. You'll need J&J Baby Lotion to remove it, NOT turpentine! :bsmilie:

Why not PM one of the many body paint artists here in CS and just ask them?

Try airbrush. It has a very nice effect on the body with the correct tone and colors. i.e: Airbursh tattoo. But it will take a long time. Good luck! ;)

Airbrush! Yeesh! :thumbsup:

Too bad we can't just DI the paintwork onto the model using photoshop! :bsmilie:

Airbrush! Yeesh! :thumbsup:

Too bad we can't just DI the paintwork onto the model using photoshop! :bsmilie:

Hahaha! I think most photog.will be happy as well! Anyway, no offence taken, but I remembered vaguely seeing some artistes being airbrushed on covers of Playboy Mag...very artistically done. And the effect?!? Bravo! :)

But was that for SFX bodypaint, or just to even out skin tones and cover blemishes?

I know that really pro MUAs insist on airbrushing where and when ever possible as that allows them a far greater degree of control in the blending (and also much smoother blends).

But was that for SFX bodypaint, or just to even out skin tones and cover blemishes?

I know that really pro MUAs insist on airbrushing where and when ever possible as that allows them a far greater degree of control in the blending (and also much smoother blends).

Not that I knw of. These MUAs really took hrs to airbrush the celeb, whole body!! however, you are right to say that it allows better blending. and with airbrush, you can control the tones and effects. :) Im not sure if whatever i jst said helps, but jst my 2 cts worth! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.