Body of man found near the Merlion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisa

Aug 13, 2004
SINGAPORE: It is perhaps the island's most photographed tourist attraction, but on Monday, attention was drawn away from the Merlion – albeit briefly – by a grisly find.

The body of a man, dressed in a brown shirt and trousers, was discovered floating in the Singapore River near Esplanade Drive at about 1.20pm.

Police officers cordoned off the area, with the body discreetly placed behind some construction barricades and away from the view of busloads of tourists.

Many of the visitors, in fact, barely batted an eyelid as they posed for shots with the Merlion and Marina Bay as a backdrop.

Undertakers removed the body at about 6pm.

The police have classified it as a case of unnatural death and are investigating the matter.

- TODAY/so

Source : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/print/351549/1/.html

I think the forensic department will need some time with the body to do some "on site" checks.

Body was found at 1.20pm but only removed at 6pm? :think:

well, the public call the police then the police have to call..probably the coast guard which will call the ambulance, then call forensic, investigate cause of death .. either he drowned or murdered and dumped, check ID and maybe if possible next of kin.. then call the body removal service etc...
:dunno:

alamak i was just talking to my friend yesterday regarding about body was fish up at boat quay recently... now at merlion area... so coincidence

dude , you dont know you cannot touch crime scene?

Yup, but do they really need 5 hours before removing the body. Afterall, the body was placed behind the construction barricade which is away from the so call crime scene liao. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.