Boat with explosives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

falconite

Mar 29, 2007
AMK | Tang Shooters
www.falconite.com
I shoot more macros but am trying to learn new stuff. Please feel free to comment.

0611_HJscene006.jpg

Picture taken a week back in Hokkaido, by a lake. It's a little misty and there is a boat loaded with the fireworks set for the night. Feeling a little tension of what is installed for the night but on the contrary also feeling the tranqil of the surrounding. Had cropped off a distant mountain (of distraction) and a portion of the skyline (which seems a little excessive..).

Kinda like it at times and ... so would love to hear your pointview of what's good and what not. Thank you.

Bro, good exposure, but watch out on the composition. Maybe application of 1/3 rule would be good. Subject look boring. :)
Cool. Agree and will watch. Actually I did not do too much on the colors... because i was hoping that it looked depressing.... haaaaa. Okie - depressing to apply on warships with real arsenal... Thanks a million bro!

I like the colours but the composition (perspective) and exposure makes it hard to tell what the subject is. Try shooting from another angle, or when the boat is in another position relative to you, so that the viewer can make out the subject without having to read your explanation :)

I like the colours but the composition (perspective) and exposure makes it hard to tell what the subject is. Try shooting from another angle, or when the boat is in another position relative to you, so that the viewer can make out the subject without having to read your explanation :)
Thank you, its was great advise. It was my first posting in this corner and rules is that someone will not let me off if i do not "say something"... haaaa. Original has a mountain on the right top and it is distracting if I keep the 1/3 rule, should have taken from another perspective. Thank you!

err, TS i hope you dun mind, but i did a little of post editting on your pic which i thought added gloom to the pic as well the explosives with the part it might light up the sky...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1378/575714969_07dfc3d910.jpg?v=0 <--- bigger version

575714969_07dfc3d910_m.jpg

wun know if this works for you, but it definitely drew me to the boat and the sky does look gloomer that way... well just my 2cents

Wow... a new perspective. It sure look gloomier and the little highlight left is on the boat itself. But if the picture put you in a conflicting pointview of tranquil vs tense - it brought me great joy.... thanks for sharing! Arigato.

I really like the photo even more after hearing the story behind it. I feel like I am there

I really like the photo even more after hearing the story behind it. I feel like I am there
Thanks. You got me started thinking if i should include a picture here on the fireworks.... Oh, might as well but I must first confess i am no good at night shoot. Hmmm.. did I ponder on this boat only after seeing the brilliance of the fireworks???

Makes me feel like living the life on the high seas... Your picture evokes a feeling of the moment right before setting sail to a long voyage to the ocean. Nice feeling!

Dats until i saw the explosives...killed the feeling man!

Makes me feel like living the life on the high seas... Your picture evokes a feeling of the moment right before setting sail to a long voyage to the ocean. Nice feeling!

Dats until i saw the explosives...killed the feeling man!
Haaa... felt like a shot in my own foot. Thanks for the new perspective. Krek Krek... now why did I not see that earlier... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.