Boat Quay Pano

Status
Not open for further replies.

2.8photography

Jul 19, 2007
pls comment firstly on the following criteria, then add ur own comments which would be greatly appreciated

1. is the crop too tight (find the buildings without tops and a lack of 'space' towards the sides or bottom odd)?
2. is the pic under/overexposed?
3. is the pic sharp enough?
4. should i have gone to take the shot at a different time?
5. is the angle nice or too plain?

lastly, pls tell me whether it is a yes :thumbsup: or no :thumbsd:

so here it is:

1575951286_a7e9597330_o.jpg

pls dont leave replies just stating if it is gd or bad, pls comment or say y u feel it is so
btw view the larger pic here:

hoping to learn a lot for u guys
tia

1. is the crop too tight (find the buildings without tops and a lack of 'space' towards the sides or bottom odd)?

I would say yes. The crop is a bit tight on the top, in my opinion, the sky should be stretching on the top end to end.

2. is the pic under/overexposed?

Exposure is ok, well balanced throughout except that the clouds on the right appear to be slightly overexposed? Try setting a smaller aperture or a CPL can be used.

3. is the pic sharp enough?

I cant see the link to the larger picture so no comment.

4. should i have gone to take the shot at a different time?

Try taking at around 6plus before sunset. The impact may be greater.

5. is the angle nice or too plain?

Maybe can try going nearer to the center so that the lampposts on the right can be excluded.

In my overall conclusion, a good pano attempt.

actually, i think i did use a CPL, though not completely sure

oh and sorry abt the link, my internet had a prob so i didnt get to post it, so here it is: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2220/1596059459_d463295c2c_b.jpg

only slightly larger (200 pixels on the long side), so im trying to get flickr not to resize my pics when uploaded (shld have been 3000)

thanks very much, hoping for more comments

nice pano, how many pictures u used?

i think you couldve taken more either to the left or right, cause i feel that the path should cover more of the picture or should be excluded totally

good try!

nice pano, how many pictures u used?

i think you couldve taken more either to the left or right, cause i feel that the path should cover more of the picture or should be excluded totally

good try!

agreed.. the path becos is a line element tends to add value to a pano shot.. i find myself looking at the path wondering why its so short

i used 14 pics (vertical)

abt the space to the left and right, i actually have another pano which has more towards the left, but the right is abt the same

in fact, towards the right i cropped out a little, cos half a lamppost was kind of distracting

any1 find the cut off tops of the buildings weird?

thanks for the comments

As I mentioned the top part should have the sky stretching from end to end. The sudden crop of the buildings at the top sort of give an abrupt feel to the pic...

yeah i agree.
so i guess u mean that there shld be a part with uninterrupted sky throughout the pic at the top right?

any more comments?

thanks

To me, the vertical and horizons are good. But its too tight....like the sky is being cut into many pieces...

To me, the vertical and horizons are good. But its too tight....like the sky is being cut into many pieces...

Agreed as said... Too tight... and yes, give a bit more sky to the top and dun crop off e building tops next time. Other than this, not much other comments. Good pano attempt overall other than the flaw mentioned.

thanks for the comments on the above pano, but still looking for more which would be greatly appreciated

here's another shot which i took on the same day, but instead of a pano its a normal shot with my 12-24 near at the 12mm. i noe the horizon's a little slanted, and there is a little vignetting, so i will correct that when i have time

1723976520_44645318a2_o.jpg

pls comment on either of the pics

is the 2nd 1 underexposed?

1 exposure looks fine but then again is subjective to person
2 no theme... is just a wide picture with lots of water, and the left side just gets chopped off.
try convert the 2nd pic into sepia or b&w for effect

1 exposure looks fine but then again is subjective to person
2 no theme... is just a wide picture with lots of water, and the left side just gets chopped off.
try convert the 2nd pic into sepia or b&w for effect

ok thanks

have converted to b&w, but i just like the colour 1 better (guess thats personal preference again)
abt the theme, is there a way to maybe focus on a particular subject while still shooting say 12mm here?

at 12mm not easy.
how abt moving to ur right, include the entire strech of shophouses.
or crop the pic to remove the half building on ur left.
or stand further back, try to include the entire scene infront of u

at 12mm not easy.
how abt moving to ur right, include the entire strech of shophouses.
or crop the pic to remove the half building on ur left.
or stand further back, try to include the entire scene infront of u

ok i see
if i go back there again anytime soon i will make sure i try that (and go near sunset too)

thanks for all ur comments

at this view, the sunset is not so good.
walk straight on towards clark quay.
at the bridge in front of central, around 6pm if u lucky can get the best looking eggy sunset

u wanna try polarizer?

u wanna try polarizer?

i do have a 77mm polarizer
will try to do a pano with my 12-24 (then i can use polarizer) and stich the shots together, giving more space to the right and left (and naturally top and bottom) if i ever go back at sunset

however its not terribly advisable to use a polarizer for panos as it will give different skies for each pic but i will try that, nonetheless

hello 2.8! hahaha!

no.1 to me, its pretty boring. cropped too much i guess.

no.2 was plain to me too.

no.3 i personally felt it was the better one among those 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.