Bo Liao Qns: Why no left handed camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deslim27

May 23, 2003
SG
Visit site
Was chatting with colleague, then thought of this qns.. anyone got an answer? :think:

maybe majority of humans are right handed? making left handed cams won't sell much and may cost higher price?

There are what. Nikon did come out with left-handed cameras.

We use left hand to turn the zoom ring, focus ring, aperture ring etc. Just like driving a manual car.....

espn said:
There are what. Nikon did come out with left-handed cameras.

Recent model? So far got left handed DSLR from Nikon meh?

its same like asking y all the accelerators are on the right & brake pad in the centre, clutch (if available) is on the left...

the right side of the body is better with pressing? left side of the body know how to control... (clutch & focusing need very sensitive callibration)

How about the mouse we use everday?

deslim27 said:
Recent model? So far got left handed DSLR from Nikon meh?
Well, your topic was CAMERA and not specifics into DSLR or Coolpix or anything else for that matter.

sumball said:
How about the mouse we use everday?
They can be switched to run on the left side with the buttons inverted. Of course, not the ergnomics kind for logitech, the normal kinds.

deslim27 said:
Was chatting with colleague, then thought of this qns.. anyone got an answer? :think:
Actually wanted to know this question a long time. Tried googling for one but with no luck at all. :(

Ultimately, we right-handed shooters, left-master eyes have to adapt or give up our hobby. Which is pretty unfortunate as we have to conform to 'the masses'.

The worst thing however, is the poor implementation of such a rule, not only in cameras but on a WEAPON as well. If anyone of u had handled a SAR21 assault rifle, u'll know that the bullet case ejection hole is on the RIGHT-SIDE of the butt, which simply meant u can't hold the weapon with ur left hand and shoot with ur left eye simply because 'its meant for right handers and u have to conform regardless of u like it or not' thing.

Seems like we've got pretty inconsiderate weapons designers at DSTA. Damnit. :angry: GIVE ME BACK MY M16!!!! OR GIVE ME AN M203!!! ANYTHING BUT THE SAR21!

it's M-16 with M203... the M203 is the grenade launcher... dude

why all cameras 135 format is built in the landscape position? (expect the pro ones) why no vertical ones?

i thot the SAR is able to be reconfigured during normal feild strip for lefty, like the AUG and SA80 where the brass ejector can face other way...

sorry ar... i not yet touch weapon.. i tot i read somewhere...

To answer your question... yes there were... can't remember the specific... but something like the yashika's sumarai series... uses 35mm flim half frame.

More specifically... does it matter? it's just like asking why there are no left hand TV remotes? :think:

Also, I tot whichever side your use your rifle is more about which is your master eye... rather than which is your master hand. :dunno:

Master eye - allows u to aim properly.
Master hand - allows u to handle the weapon comfortably and confidentally.

Incidentally, there are 'weirdos' (like me), who have a master-eye and master-hand all in the wrong places. For weirdos, we have 2 options:

Either we train up our non master hand to fit with our master eye or we wear glasses to correct the vision of the non master-eye to fit with our master hand.

But those who wear glasses shld noe that its a serious hassle, especially out there in the field. It hinders your movement, it fogs up in rain, etc. Ultimately, I solved the problem entirely... By switching to full-auto mode and not aiming.

moos_blues: Dun blame u. But den sorry to say, SAR21 bullet case ejector hole is FIXED. Cannot be changed unlike other bullpup design assault rifles. Screw da DSTA weapon engineers.

mervlam said:
it's M-16 with M203... the M203 is the grenade launcher... dude
Yep... Dats da one. Sorry, my bad... hehehe... :p Me a LAW gunner, not SC or M203 gunner.

I always refer the M16 as a 'clean' rifle and the M203 as the M16 WITH the grenade launcher. Dat's juz me for the source of confusion. :D

Hehe, my ancient Ricoh XR-M can do left hand as well as right hand.

There's ONE left-handed camera. The one used by Peter Parker in the first Spider Man movie. It's a Nikon FM2 I think and Peter Parker (Spiderman) was taking photos before Goblin appears.

I always thought Hollywood pays attention to details :DEVIL:

:D

jsbn said:
Master eye - allows u to aim properly.
Master hand - allows u to handle the weapon comfortably and confidentally.

Incidentally, there are 'weirdos' (like me), who have a master-eye and master-hand all in the wrong places. For weirdos, we have 2 options:

Either we train up our non master hand to fit with our master eye or we wear glasses to correct the vision of the non master-eye to fit with our master hand.

But those who wear glasses shld noe that its a serious hassle, especially out there in the field. It hinders your movement, it fogs up in rain, etc. Ultimately, I solved the problem entirely... By switching to full-auto mode and not aiming.

moos_blues: Dun blame u. But den sorry to say, SAR21 bullet case ejector hole is FIXED. Cannot be changed unlike other bullpup design assault rifles. Screw da DSTA weapon engineers.

talking about sar21. do they have an attachment to fixed at the bullet case ejector hole so that the empty cartridges will not hit the face when firing at the left side. i know the m16 have such attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.