BMX Flatland Taken on 10thJan2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken413o

Jan 1, 2009
Singapore.
www.facebook.com
Hello. Back from ridin and taking photos.

Heres some stuff I took.

3185689302_96f2ff9402_o.jpg

The multi load of bikes.

3185689314_279ba0a5a9_o.jpg

Calvin doing a bunnyhop tailwhip

3185689332_14459036a8_o.jpg

Constantine doing a WTF trick... haha

3185694500_736b930499_o.jpg

Will with a dumptruck

Crazy trick names, crazy riders.. crazy times =)

cool pix! is tt a graveyard bar on the 3 bike at the railings? all sponsored by ares?

woah you know of graveyard bars? haha.. unforutnately nope.. but it's the equivalent of the graveyard 8-piece of the time. It's the Quamen Q-bar.

Errmm.. Only Calvin and me are sponsored by Ares, the rest are our good friends. =)

Thanks!

Errmm.. most of us just ride round our neighbourhood spots like for me, I ride at my multipurpose hall in Hougang.

When the weekend comes or much rather when it's Saturday we congregate at Citilink from afternoon to night to get our groove on. =P

Extra stuff: Yeah sadly.. flatland population is small.. but Calvin and me are thinking into making a giant jam session with fixed gear bike riders. Would be exciting to say the least. =)

Last edited:
i always prefer flatlands and verts. but sad to sad, i have not even seen a proper vert ramp in singapore before. dirt is still okay i guess.

there's another bike photographer around here as well. not sure whether you know him anot. maybe i would drop by and get some shots next time. would flash be an issue to you guys?

i always prefer flatlands and verts. but sad to sad, i have not even seen a proper vert ramp in singapore before. dirt is still okay i guess.

there's another bike photographer around here as well. not sure whether you know him anot. maybe i would drop by and get some shots next time. would flash be an issue to you guys?

er.. can i join too? shooting of course...

i used to ride n tried to pick up sum trix... ended up jus watching other riders...haha...n never landed any trix myself... btw, u noe hapis or mas from the west?

Yes Sure! In fact I want to invite you to come down. About the flash thing, I was flashing all the guys the whole day.. wait.. that sounds very wrong...

But I guess don't expect them to land anything la cause abit distracting if too bright flash. haha

Oh? I don't know I'm new to this forums.. only private messaged boy boy (sounds wrong again...) but other than that don't know anyone else on this site. Hapis.. Hmmm.. Could be the guy I know, used to ride an Ares Choise? I know Nizam as well if that helps out in anyway.

Oh yeah! More photos!

3187040196_9081d98d93_o.jpg

Roy Chua mid barflip

3186186767_bc0c12ae6e_o.jpg

Kris from the Phillipines with a Boomerang!

3186186759_858f70cee1_o.jpg

Oh and while we were there late.. a group of cool fixie dudes stopped by. I didn't get his name but I like his bikes colours. Didn't get the other guys though.. mem card ran outta memory.. Gawr!

red choise. used to ride my ashura for awhile after his quamen.

Cool to know there are other flatland riders around in this forum. :)

Hohoho, fast becoming a flatland photography thread.

Draken,

you guys should know very well that there is clear signage at the Esplanade underpass regarding bikes. Would encourage you and your friends to find alternative locations for your congregations and keep yourself out of trouble with the authorities. :rolleyes:

Also, I've seen some damage to the tiles at the underpass recently, hope it has nothing to do with you all. But someone ( I know there are more than a few groups who do congregate there... ) obviously has done some damage to the place. I cycle myself, so I'm not against this, just suggesting to seek alternative locations and keep your noses clean.

KangS, yes I do see your cause of concerns however some clarification is in order.. the signs are for the people who sleep as well as those who skateboard.

As to where we are able to ride however... this is a rather hard issue as what we do isn't recognised.. and worst of all more associated with wasted youth and damage rather than something of an artform much like dancing and other skill orientated activities that need dedication and passion..

With this being said.. much action to sports council and the like have turned to deaf ears.. showing much disappointment in all riders.. really a damper to our spirits.. especially me a rider of 10 years ongoing.. I feel it's like a part of me dies..

If you do mean the walls.. that is not us.. as far as I know.. one of the wall tiles is cracked.. I too feel it's a shame.. as we riders.. try as much as possible to clear up after ourselves. the whole thing with pride I guess.

With all this being said.. we are actively trying to find somewhere else to ride but have not found anywhere as perfect as where we call "home".

i like the framing. the flash is a bit harsh though :)

Hello all, Took somemore bmx flatland yesterday 17th January 2008. This time I didn't use flash.

3204663760_abfe0e7088_o.jpg

Anton doing something thats not very private friendly.

3204663756_73c826d667_o.jpg

Anton and his shadow.

3204657866_45db0c461a_o.jpg

Cross foot!

3204657840_c02e9c9b7c_o.jpg

Frog Splash

3204657846_eb9615417c_o.jpg

Me.

KangS, yes I do see your cause of concerns however some clarification is in order.. the signs are for the people who sleep as well as those who skateboard.

As to where we are able to ride however... this is a rather hard issue as what we do isn't recognised.. and worst of all more associated with wasted youth and damage rather than something of an artform much like dancing and other skill orientated activities that need dedication and passion..

With this being said.. much action to sports council and the like have turned to deaf ears.. showing much disappointment in all riders.. really a damper to our spirits.. especially me a rider of 10 years ongoing.. I feel it's like a part of me dies..

If you do mean the walls.. that is not us.. as far as I know.. one of the wall tiles is cracked.. I too feel it's a shame.. as we riders.. try as much as possible to clear up after ourselves. the whole thing with pride I guess.

With all this being said.. we are actively trying to find somewhere else to ride but have not found anywhere as perfect as where we call "home".

You shouldn't be riding in the underpass period.

ok.. if it does make you feel any more of a civil person with a need to have everything proper.. we have since shifted to accomodate to you.. YES YOU! Enjoy! =)

no just kidding.. don't be silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.