BMW X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Okay, I'm bored and know nuts about cars.

Just saw this ad in the papers and I wonder how much would it be if one is prepared to pay this by instalment over a period of 10 years ...

AdamGoi said:
Okay, I'm bored and know nuts about cars.

Just saw this ad in the papers and I wonder how much would it be if one is prepared to pay this by instalment over a period of 10 years ...

haha, if you need to know how much this one costs, then probably it's not the car for you ....
BMW's x3 ad?
i will consider this if they allow me to pay by 20-yr interest-free instalments.

No no.. Cars are baaadddd...

1). It has been calculated that if you own a car in Singapore, you'll be poorer than if you took taxis around the island all your life. (stupid COE and expensive oil prices.)

2). You'll be increasing the amount of CO and CO2 in the air! As a teacher, you should know that..

3). You have to clean car every Sunday, and your heart will ache when someone accidentally scrapes across your spanking new BMW.

There's a reason why I can't be bothered to take my driving lessons. :D Okay, more than one.. but still...

Hi Adam,

Uh... the BMW X3 happens to be one of the most expensive SUVs around... I would think that it'll cost about $300,000. Assuming you've the dough to even pay the 20% downpayment of $60,000 (itself enough to buy a Hyundai or a complete studio setup with Broncolor lights, Hasselblad system and PhaseOne H25 digital back etc), you'd have to fork out $26880 every year at 12% interest rate, which works out to $2240 monthly.

To put it in perspective, for the money spent on a BMW X3, you can support 20 poor kids for their daily meals, for over 8 years based on $5 a day (charity figures quoted here). So everyday that you missed driving the X3, you can ensure that 20 kids do not go hungry. Spend the money on the Schoolchildren Pocketmoney Fund instead. Yeah! :)

Neo said:
Hi Adam,

Uh... the BMW X3 happens to be one of the most expensive SUVs around... I would think that it'll cost about $300,000. Assuming you've the dough to even pay the 20% downpayment of $60,000 (itself enough to buy a Hyundai or a complete studio setup with Broncolor lights, Hasselblad system and PhaseOne H25 digital back etc), you'd have to fork out $26880 every year at 12% interest rate, which works out to $2240 monthly.

To put it in perspective, for the money spent on a BMW X3, you can support 20 poor kids for their daily meals, for over 8 years based on $5 a day (charity figures quoted here). So everyday that you missed driving the X3, you can ensure that 20 kids do not go hungry. Spend the money on the Schoolchildren Pocketmoney Fund instead. Yeah! :)

Thanks! That's the kind of answer I'm looking for; to wake me up from my dreams! ;)

300K+ would get you the X5. I seriously doubt the X3 is that steep.

Btw, don't really like the X3. Looks like an oversized car and a lame offroader.....

Status
Not open for further replies.