blurry pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

XW222

May 3, 2008
I would like to get some feedback.

Some times when I take shots (portraits) with a relatively high F number and fast shuttter speed the pic still comes out blur. Although hand shake is one answer, I still experience some blur with high shutter speeds (hence I wld expect hand shake to have a minimal impact?). It happens both for outdoor and indoor shots. I guess im just expecting crisp pics when im using these settings. could some1 point out any tips? Thanks

Also sometimes when I take portraits of multiple people some are not in focus any tips to remove this problem?

how high, how fast is different to individuals..

maybe u can provide some numbers??

as for the group foto problem, yr DOF too shallow..use smaller aperture.

;)

this question i ask myself for 1.5years liao...
i am still the blur fairy.. ;)

You need to give some numbers and also some photo example for examination to get to the real reason for this. You never mentioned what focal lens you were using for your portaits. The longer your focal length the more you need to up your shutter speed to avoid movement blur by your hand holding. At times the same goes for your subject too. Movement on the part of your subject will contribute to blurry too.

So instead of guess work. Some sample shots will help us see what or why you have blurring in shots you expected it to be sharp.

i'm new to dslr. this is the most common problem i encounter.
will anyone suggest how to slove this problem.
is smaller aperture the best solution if both IS and lighting are not a problem?

take a shot at a flat surface parallel to lens/sensor at f5.6 and shutter spd of 160-250 with as steady as ur hands possible.
still blur ? ;p

as mentioned thinner DOF and slower shutter spd = higher chance of motion blur

I would like to get some feedback.

Some times when I take shots (portraits) with a relatively high F number and fast shuttter speed the pic still comes out blur. Although hand shake is one answer, I still experience some blur with high shutter speeds (hence I wld expect hand shake to have a minimal impact?). It happens both for outdoor and indoor shots. I guess im just expecting crisp pics when im using these settings. could some1 point out any tips? Thanks
for the shutter speed, how high is high? btw, we only refer f stop as big or small (the size of aperture, not the numbers), not high or low.

can't provide you a answer, as your question are not clear to be understood, be more specific.

Also sometimes when I take portraits of multiple people some are not in focus any tips to remove this problem?
group photos need more depth of field, use smaller aperture.

Status
Not open for further replies.