Blurrrr....Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdRock

Deregistered
Jun 12, 2007
I have a photography qn.

Is there any free software that we can use to sharpen photo images? I think there's something wrong with my digi cam cos many of the photos taken were quite blur and they look like an unsteady hand taking the photo, when sometimes, they looked blur even when we use a stand. I didn't know the state of blurness till I develop the photos but I still want to see if I can do something abt the softcopies. Any idea?

I have a photography qn.

Is there any free software that we can use to sharpen photo images? I think there's something wrong with my digi cam cos many of the photos taken were quite blur and they look like an unsteady hand taking the photo, when sometimes, they looked blur even when we use a stand. I didn't know the state of blurness till I develop the photos but I still want to see if I can do something abt the softcopies. Any idea?

You won't be able to recover much of the blurness from most of the manipulation tools there is to offer. To start with, you need a decent amount of details for the program to work on and sharpen.

What you can do is to practise your breathing techniques, use flash, or a tripod in future to reduce or prevent such occurences.

I have a photography qn.

Zac08 is right though he sugar coated it. There is nothing wrong with your digital camera if it is so, you should take your camera back to the shop to have it checked out. The blurring is due to the manner in which you use your camera ( your hand hold technique, breather..etc) ...Your camera and its settings (using too slow a shutter speed to capture your scene or whoever that is fidgeting about..lack of idea of what your camera can or can't do ) and there's the main reason which is "you" the camera owner... you need to spend more time getting some lesson or purchase some photography basic books to learn how shutter speed effects what you shoot and what you shoot effect what shutter speed you need to set in order to "freeze" the motion.

Even the most expensive camera will not be able to save your shots nor any s/w that can help minimise or repair your blurry shots. There is really is no such thing as point and shoot and get it nice and sharp every single time type of camera....we are not even talking creative composure. Buying that great camera is only just your first step of many many more you need to make you a better photographer then what you are now. Please do take the time to get familiar with your camera and learning your basic to photography. Don't believe all the ads you see about intelligent camera ...you are still suppose to know something about photography to use a camera and use it well lah. :p

There could be other factors contributing to your blur pictures. I suggest you post a few pics for us to help troubleshoot. Some info on your gear used would also be helpful.:think:

i was using a tripod....OMG :eek: ...don't tell me there is realli something wrong with my cam.

i was using a tripod....OMG :eek: ...don't tell me there is realli something wrong with my cam.

What kind of tripod, pray tell... If you're using a lower end type, they may be too flimsy and not give enough support.

I have a photography qn.

sharpening programs can only partially help in some of the subtle uniform softness.

the problem could be improper focusing, handshake or simply pushing the camera beyond its capabilities on a moving subject. even with tripod, your tripod techniques can be wrong.

best of all, post your picture so that people can see why.

unless you use a remote after allowing the flimpsy tripod to stablise. if not a rough pressing on the shutter release can still rock your camera body on a tripod.

Can you post some pictures out together with the shooting information, if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.