Blur person in photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libertas

Nov 13, 2010
Here's the scenario,
Took a photo of my friend with this beautiful landscape behind, & after loading the photo into the laptop, realised that the landscape behind appears to be clear, however my friend appears to be blur, what could be the possible problem here? Wrong settings or wrong technique?

Please enlighten me, Cheers!

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
No picture, no real clues.

Either:

1. You used a large aperture and focused on the background
or:
2. You used a long exposure and your friend moved.

derrickder

May 18, 2010
Singapore
www.derrickchin.com
As above. You probably used a large aperture so your friend is OOF.
One technique is:

Using a small aperture, focus on your friend by half depressing the shutter button, while holding down the button, recompose (if needed) and then press the shutter button down fully.
Recomposing is usually done if you fix the AF location (e.g. in the centre).

Libertas

Nov 13, 2010
i think the problem lies with the large aperture i used, because i'm sure my friend was inside at least 4-6 of the AF points...:(

Thanks for the advices, learnt something new again.
Cheers!

zenix84

Jun 9, 2010
i think the problem lies with the large aperture i used, because i'm sure my friend was inside at least 4-6 of the AF points...:(

Thanks for the advices, learnt something new again.
Cheers!
Something to keep in mind. ALways review your photos to check for focus, sharpness, etc.

mitsucolt

Jul 16, 2009
a matter of composition. have the focus on your friend, remember and apply the rule of 1/3.

the use of tripod is usually appreciated for landscape and in portraits since subject is unlikely to be static at all times and what you need is to capture as much detail as possible with a wide aperture. a remote push button will render stable image as well.

u could set a smaller aperture and oso set the camera to auto focus points. most prob it will select ur target as the focus point if he/she is covering the focus point

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
use local/spot AF. lock on target and recompose if needed. if you're using wide AF points, sometimes the camera just Autofocuses on the background not the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom