bluetoof queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

furrypaws

Feb 20, 2004
err, suaku gal wants to ask experts here on bluetoof teknologi.

1) how do i transfer stuff from my phone to the pc one shot?

2) how do i transfer stuff from my pc to phone?

i twiddled the whole afternoon but getting no where... :dunno:

pls advise!

Bluetooth? Pair your computer with your phone (I'm assuming that your computer already has a bluetooth dongle) etc. And configure it such that your computer can accept file transfers from the paired device (e.g. perimissions, save to folder etc.). For mine the software created a shortcut in the Right Click> Send To thingy so I just right click a file(s) and choose the device. Same thing should apply to your phone.

For some phone manufacturers they do include software that can help you with it, some even come with cables so you don't have to deal with bluetooth. Or if your photos are stored on an external memory card you can just slot it into your computer, provided you have an external card reader of course.

furry, tell unkle what is your phone model. how come your cat become a dog?

also tell that pig to go work on it. tell him its a family problem :)

:bsmilie:

ok, its a SAMSUNG E530C :lovegrin:
lavendar one. hee.

oh, i jus found out, SAMSUNG cant copy contacts back to SIM card??
can only copy from SIM to phone?
next time wanna change phone how?? :sweatsm:
one by one?!

just install the bluetooth software/drivers in your pc.
pair up your phone with your bluetooth dongle.
you can then browse the files in your phone from your pc through bluetooth places and copy to and fro.

thanks for the replies.
managed to get some transfers going :)
erm, but from phone to pc, i need to send a file at a time?
seems the only way..

another question..
can i leave my bluetooth running all day?
will my brains be fried by any waves in the air??:dunno:

furry dear. does samsung come with any good utility along with the drivers? like in the case of nokia they present the phones as a folder in windows explorer so you can drag and drop stuff which will effect the transfer.

keep the bluetooth running, then yandao man can scan the waves around you and send you unsolicited notes. also you can get free hair curling while chatting. isn't technology great? :bsmilie:

furrypaws said:
:bsmilie:

ok, its a SAMSUNG E530C :lovegrin:
lavendar one. hee.

oh, i jus found out, SAMSUNG cant copy contacts back to SIM card??
can only copy from SIM to phone?
next time wanna change phone how?? :sweatsm:
one by one?!

btw even when copying back to the SIM you may lose somethings as most phone contact books have fancy features not supported by the SIM. when I changed to my new phone, I just connected both phones to the laptop (via bluetooth lah) then using the phone browser (both are nokia) I drag all the contacts from one phone to the other. done in a few minutes. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.