small1.jpg

nice color and good composition :)

f/1.2 ?! simi lens lai eh?!?

Clown said:
f/1.2 ?! simi lens lai eh?!?

pardon me, i don't understand your word

he means, "f/1.2? what lens was that? "

andi1704,

Nice depth of field but first mistake you made is the watch face should at least be upwards. Now I only can see the 12 on the right plus the word "quartz" makes is more difficult to read.

Title wise is ok but I think the highlight is a little blown out on the back.

Compo is ok but i would have crop the top and the left side of the frame a little more to make it less distracting of the open space.

This is what happend when you have over blown back light which makes your photo less contrast. Try to soften the backlight to restore some density to your photo.

Thanks

Pro Image said:
andi1704,

Nice depth of field but first mistake you made is the watch face should at least be upwards. Now I only can see the 12 on the right plus the word "quartz" makes is more difficult to read.

Title wise is ok but I think the highlight is a little blown out on the back.

Compo is ok but i would have crop the top and the left side of the frame a little more to make it less distracting of the open space.

This is what happend when you have over blown back light which makes your photo less contrast. Try to soften the backlight to restore some density to your photo.

Thanks

thanks pro image,

learning again from the senior member like you, thanks a lot for the critique, i'll try it again later.

apart from what Pro Image said

a point to remember when taking photos of watch faces....make sure that the hour needle is at 10 and the minute needle is at 2...it's design phsychology, where to form a triangle on any image will create stability and composure. Observe all posters of analogue watches...almost 99% is placed in that position.

the word quart is difficult to read in that position...

khairi said:

a point to remember when taking photos of watch faces....make sure that the hour needle is at 10 and the minute needle is at 2...it's design phsychology, where to form a triangle on any image will create stability and composure. Observe all posters of analogue watches...almost 99% is placed in that position.

nice info khairi... i just visited the seiko website and most of its products shots (the needle) are taken in that position :)

Reason for doing that is to get a smiling face on the watch :)

khairi said:

the word quart is difficult to read in that position...

Status
Not open for further replies.