Blue sky

bullseyez

Dec 20, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
1. in what area is critique to be sought?

composition, PP, color

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

the blue sky contrast with the building

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

walking around in town taking photo around late afternoon. setting: 1/1600, f/11, iso 800, -1 stop exposure, efs 17-85 f4.5-f5.6 usm

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

i think i had overdone the pp?

wildcat

Sep 8, 2004
Bedok
Personally I think there's too much black blank space for the silhouette and there's not enough structure in the sky for me to find it interesting. If it's late in the afternoon, it's probably not late enough to get a nice sunset or multiple layers of colour for the sky.

Not sure whether you intentionally set your camera to ISO800 also; maybe you wanted noise in your sky? Either way, I don't find there's enough of noise to turn it interesting either. If it wasn't intentional, then try to shoot as near to base ISO as possible... think you still have room left in your max shutter speed.

kelth78

Deregistered
Feb 18, 2010
North
Lower your ISO will be better, I feel it's too noisy for the sky

Fapic

Apr 10, 2010
I dont find this picture particularly interesting :(
the sky if you ask me doesnt boast anything worth taking a second look at.

and your angle isn't balanced, if you noticed from the silhouette that its tilted to the left.

and as for the grain, i thought it would have been better without [if it was intentional].
otherwise, like what fellow csers have mentioned, lower the iso :)

enzeru21

Apr 7, 2010
upper thomson
good try, but like the others have pointed out.. it needs some adjustments~! :thumbsup: for effort

Top Bottom