blue patches inside body

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmond-

Jan 2, 2006
hi guys,

i just took out my old and forgotten dynax 5 out to play and when i looked into the camera, i saw 2 blue vertical patches on both side of the viewfinding mirror. it looks like someone smudged ink somewhere. i checked and discovered the problem comes from the body. (i attached another lens and still the blue patches remained.) anyone has any idea what the hell happened?

desmond- said:
hi guys,

i just took out my old and forgotten dynax 5 out to play and when i looked into the camera, i saw 2 blue vertical patches on both side of the viewfinding mirror. it looks like someone smudged ink somewhere. i checked and discovered the problem comes from the body. (i attached another lens and still the blue patches remained.) anyone has any idea what the hell happened?

u need to send for repair, i think the pentaprism is faulty, leaking or something...

er sorry but pentaprism is a piece of glass. what can it leak?

so you see the stain on the mirror?
is it like irregular? (maybe fungus ate the silvered part?)
or is it flaking off?

slaam said:
er sorry but pentaprism is a piece of glass. what can it leak?

so you see the stain on the mirror?
is it like irregular? (maybe fungus ate the silvered part?)
or is it flaking off?

that was what i was told at the service centre last time, maybe to chim for me...

slaam: nah, its neither flaking off nor irregular. looks kinda like someone use a blue airbrush on both widths of the mirror. i tried cleaning it but it still stays. i guess i definately gotta send it for repairs.

thanks for both your replies nevertheless, much appreciated!

GENO said:
that was what i was told at the service centre last time, maybe to chim for me...

Huh? serious ar? if the guy told you like glue holding the pentaprism melt and drip that one still can understand but he told you the pentaprism leak?
penta prism is jus a prism to reflect the light from the lens to the viewfinder..
it is also the reason for the 'bump' on top of all SLR cos its the housing for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.