Blue Mountains, NSW Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShutterBugL

Mar 4, 2006
www.flickr.com
Does anyone know the locations for good sunrise / sunset shoots in Blue Mountains, NSW Australia?

ShutterBugL said:
Does anyone know the locations for good sunrise / sunset shoots in Blue Mountains, NSW Australia?

good luck trying to wake up!!!
it's freaking cold there now....well usually the 3 sisters site should provide a good one. The rest I can think of you have to hike up and down..not recommended if you didn't do bushwalking before.

I'll worry about the waking up part later. ;) Gotta find locations first.

Will probably be driving around so shoot locations would preferrably need to be accessible by car.

ShutterBugL said:
I'll worry about the waking up part later. ;) Gotta find locations first.

Will probably be driving around so shoot locations would preferrably need to be accessible by car.

For the usual/normal perspective (ie. the kind you usually see in calendars), just go to the lookout point for tourists. cant remember the name now, duh.:cry:

anyway, try going there one hour before sunrise. cold but worth the shot. i treasure the shot i did on this site many years back. remembered staying at the katoomba station backpackers joint, walked a few kilometers in the morning and probably burnt a full roll of film to get the one shot that i really liked.

had a 28mm lens back then. think if you have 20mm or even fisheye, it would give your shot a dramatic twist. and don't forget your tripod!

as an alternative location, you can do a bushwalk to the bottom of the three sisters and shoot upwards. not sure if you can do so before sunrise (check with the rangers) but you may want to try for sunset then!

long-winded post, but i hope it's helpful. cheers mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.