Blue Hour

joenico

Dec 2, 2010
Blue hour by joenico11, on Flickr

1. Any areas that i can improve from the above shot?
Should i shoot it earlier or use editing software to make it less blue *_*

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The Mood after a day's work

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
The tree brunch look real nice with the sky. That was my intent shot. But so happen a fellow photographer came into the scene.

Overall I like the blue sky and the mood that the pic add. Feel free to give your comments as to allow me to keep improving *-*. Ty...

Inclusion of the person raises questions on who he is and not so much on the impact of the sky & reflection. Position is awkward as well, sticking into the middle of the reflection. Prefer to do without the person.

The composition is o.k. and well balance. The photo is slight underexpo, up the brightness and contrast of the photo will help to hightlight the composition. The tree branch and the person in the photo do help to create the composition, a simple sunset photo without them will make the picture boring no matter how awesome of the sunset is. :)

Inclusion of the person raises questions on who he is and not so much on the impact of the sky & reflection. Position is awkward as well, sticking into the middle of the reflection. Prefer to do without the person.

Agree, the person is an abrupt intrusion to the serenity, and he is too small to be impactful. I might even consider cloning him out altogether. I also agree with silver pine that the pic is underexposed.

Overall, I find that the pic has potential n feel.

Maybe its me, I don't find the person distracting, infact I rather agree with Silverpine that without them and just sunset, sky and water will be abit boring. my question is...is the horizon abit tilted?

Hey there :)

I think with the sky and clouds reflection, you can do without a person. Even if you want one there, perhaps keeping him/her in total silhouette? I can still make out the red shirt and white bag.

Last edited:
Cowseye said:
Hey there :)

I think with the sky and clouds reflection, you can do without a person. Even if you want one there, perhaps keeping him/her in total silhouette? I can still make out the red shirt and white bag.

Wow I didn't notice the red shirt and white bag, but I agree if total silhouette will be great.