Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
43014245.jpg

wkcheah76 said:
Nicely done! :) Zaren! How about doing bird abstracts? :bsmilie:

yeah....shooting birds with my paltry lens....it would take a heck of an imagination to visualise them! :bsmilie:

don't mind me saying ... colours are nice but something is very wrong about the picture ... i would experiment with other ways of cropping this though ... how about making the 'yellow border' uniform in thickness? i'm just not sure ...

... paiseh, i'm very disturbed by the picture :bsmilie: ... something must be done somehow ... lol ...

eikin said:
don't mind me saying ... colours are nice but something is very wrong about the picture ... i would experiment with other ways of cropping this though ... how about making the 'yellow border' uniform in thickness? i'm just not sure ...

... paiseh, i'm very disturbed by the picture :bsmilie: ... something must be done somehow ... lol ...

A meticulous person! :) I din want to say it.. but yeah cos zaren shot from an angle.. so cannot be straight all over... somewhere will suffer...

eikin said:

i cropped it this way cos i wanted to exclude the two diagonal steel bars at top right and top left supporting the awning over the door. hmm.....u find the proportions in the pic disturbing? i feel that having a uniform width yellow border would make it the photo even more elongated..... departing more from the golden mean? :think:

wkcheah76 said:
A meticulous person! :) I din want to say it.. but yeah cos zaren shot from an angle.. so cannot be straight all over... somewhere will suffer...

ok....i'll blame lens distortion here.... :p

zaren said:
i cropped it this way cos i wanted to exclude the two diagonal steel bars at top right and top left supporting the awning over the door. hmm.....u find the proportions in the pic disturbing? i feel that having a uniform width yellow border would make it the photo even more elongated..... departing more from the golden mean? :think:

not sure ... i think although this photo looks like a 'straight' and 'normal' photo it NEEDS to break some rule somewhere to make it really really interesting ...

the impact seems to be diluted by the frame in the frame somehow ... unless something is done to that frame ... :bsmilie: ... you can take me as talking nonsense if you like to

eikin said:
not sure ... i think although this photo looks like a 'straight' and 'normal' photo it NEEDS to break some rule somewhere to make it really really interesting ...

ah....i see what u mean.... mebbe having a child peeking out from behind the door....or a cat in the corner of the pic?

zaren said:
ah....i see what u mean.... mebbe having a child peeking out from behind the door....or a cat in the corner of the pic?

:bsmilie:

can try PS in to see the effect ... need to animate that yellow frame somehow ...

... lucky i didn't take this picture or i'll be staring at it whole day not knowing what's missing :bsmilie: i'll hate myself for that :bsmilie:

ok ... just trying out something with your photograph ... tweaked the curves for the yellow frame and placed them side by side .... just a mad experiment, hahaha ... can't stand it ... this picture is getting on my nerve

bluedoor.jpg

eikin said:
ok ... just trying out something with your photograph ... tweaked the curves for the yellow frame and placed them side by side .... just a mad experiment, hahaha ... can't stand it ... this picture is getting on my nerve

bluedoor.jpg

nice work....but why not ps the blue door as well? then u'll have the warholian look in the series.

zaren said:
nice work....but why not ps the blue door as well? then u'll have the warholian look in the series.

hahaha ... warhol deals with surface culture ... hmmm ... may be interesting, it's your picture, you should try it ;)

eikin said:
hahaha ... warhol deals with surface culture ... hmmm ... may be interesting, it's your picture, you should try it ;)

enuf of this pic lah.....time to shoot something new! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.