Blue Angels @ Sea Fair Seattle 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Here are my takes for this year. D200 + 80-200 f/2.8 + 2x tele converter.

DSC_5949.jpg

DSC_5954.jpg

DSC_6080.jpg

DSC_6120.jpg

DSC_6063.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

-Roy

Thanks for the ocmments :)

nice coverage... :thumbsup:
btw, if w/o using the 2x tele converter, how large would the planes be?

I guess without the 2x the planes will be half as big for the same zoom setting and distance to the planes, but I have not actually compared...

just Love those F/A-18s.

Do you know that the plane number 2 is always a United State Marine representative? And the very tight delta and diamond formation involve the planes flying just within 32 inches apart......wing tip to canopy!! very close. And they got the name "The Blue Angels" from a barber shop!

Pilots do not wear G suits to prevent them from blackout (blood flowing away from brain) as the suit hinders their control sticks between their legs....imagine flying a tight diamond ...32inches apart.... and those G suit on legs start to inflat!! So to prevent blackout, the pilots pump iron, carrying weights etc....and everytime they need to to a hight G turns, they will cry out "Hook!!" (exert on the K) to tension their muscle in their body...Go ahead and try it! :)

We have seen the British's red arrows and US thunderbirds.....Hope to see them in Singapore shore one day!

i love the second pic the most... the precision and accuracy is really professional...

nice series.
hopefully they can come to sg in the near future.
Thanks for sharing !

Here are my takes for this year. D200 + 80-200 f/2.8 + 2x tele converter.

DSC_6080.jpg

DSC_6120.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

-Roy

Sweet :thumbsup:

nice series.
hopefully they can come to sg in the near future.
Thanks for sharing !
yah... too bad the thunder birds not coming this time round...

think the last time any of the US aerobatics team came was by the blue angels at east coast?

Great shots! Were they taken on Lake Washington or from shore?

Fat Albert looks funny. :)

Thanks!. These were taken from the shore on the west side of the lake. :)

Ah, so Mercer Island is in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.