Blower Problem or Sensor?

beebeeice

Aug 14, 2010
Serangoon
Hello guys.. got a little problem. I see a little dust when i look through the Viewfinder.

I used a blower (a plastic small little thingy with a duster at the tip) and blew the sensor. when i looked through the sensor again, there were more dust! Should i get a new blower? and how much is a "Standard" one. I cant afford an expensive one. Maybe $10 max?

And, will the dust affect the picture?

Go to mass sales section. They are actually selling at around $10 or less than 20 depending on what type...hope it helps man!!!

oh.. thanks bro.. shall take a look there ^^

when i looked through the sensor again, there were more dust!

How do you look through the sensor?

Dust will affect the picture if it is on the sensor. But not if it is on the viewfinder.

I had a problem with my 20-year old blower once, it left bits stuck on my sensor. So get a new one and they are cheap.

dust on sensor does not appear on your viewfinder.
it's either on the mirror (can blow and clean), focusing screen (can blow and clean), superimpose, prisim, or inside the viewfinder itself.
For the last 3 places, if it's there, you'll have to send your camera to the service center to have it cleaned, but do note soon the dust will be back. You decide if it's worth the time and money to get it cleaned.

Hello guys.. got a little problem. I see a little dust when i look through the Viewfinder.

I used a blower (a plastic small little thingy with a duster at the tip) and blew the sensor. when i looked through the sensor again, there were more dust! Should i get a new blower? and how much is a "Standard" one. I cant afford an expensive one. Maybe $10 max?

Dust in the viewfinder is very different from dust on the sensor.

If you meant to say that while looking through the viewfinder you found it to be more dusty, that means the dust has not gotten onto the sensor yet.

Do note that a blower should be used in an environment as dust free as possible and the camera should be switched off.

If what you meant was that the dust has indeed gotten onto the sensor, that would mean the mirror was up and you saw the sensor with dust? If using a blower does not help, then I'm afraid you have to send the sensor in for cleaning.

i suspect it's on the viewfinder.. u can get it replaced at a fee.. should be about S$20+..

i think most prob on my mirror..
What i meant to say that, i saw more must when i look through the Viewfinder.

And what type of blower should i get now? there's so many!

1) Mini Blower - smallest size blower in the group, H100mm x D40mm - $8

2) AE Blower - Compact size with strong blowing action - $10

3) Eviteo Anti-backflow Blower - One way air outlet at the tip and one way inlet from the back - $15

4) Silicon Gel Blower - Fully flexible and indestructible from impact or compression, powerful air - $8

5) Basic blower - $8

6) Eviteo Dual action blower with booaster - Tip may be adjust to produce short burst of air up to 30Kpa - $20 (available in Black or Red)

Giotto's rocket blower is the way to go. I got the med size one n it cost me $11. Worth the money and it's very powerful

i think most prob on my mirror..
What i meant to say that, i saw more must when i look through the Viewfinder.

And what type of blower should i get now? there's so many!

1) Mini Blower - smallest size blower in the group, H100mm x D40mm - $8

2) AE Blower - Compact size with strong blowing action - $10

3) Eviteo Anti-backflow Blower - One way air outlet at the tip and one way inlet from the back - $15

4) Silicon Gel Blower - Fully flexible and indestructible from impact or compression, powerful air - $8

5) Basic blower - $8

6) Eviteo Dual action blower with booaster - Tip may be adjust to produce short burst of air up to 30Kpa - $20 (available in Black or Red)

I suppose you got this list from Dimage in mass sales?Anyway #2 will do...

But does it affect your pictures?If it dosen't,then save the money:)