Nov 28, 2003
Spore
Visit site
wonder which one would u recomend? :dunno:

Blower blush or Lens pen?

Thinking of getting 1 but don't know which one should i get? :think:
Or just get a jumbo blower is good enough :dunno:

Come on, they are cheap. Just get both.

I use the blower when there is only just a bit of dust on the surface. I try to minimize contact with the surface of the lens element. This is my first step in cleaning, even if I have a lens pen.

When you have stubborn dust particles, or finger prints or smudges, the lens pen will come in handy. This can happen to the rear element where is no protection filter, ie, in the case of interchangable SLR systems.

These are very small investments that will go a long way to maintaining you optics in tip top condition. :)

Actually both also need.
Blower get the blue one. Lens pen get the black one.
Question should be Lens pen or Lens tissue? ;p

i see, thks for the recomendation :thumbsup:
but roughly what the estimate price for the 2 items? Cos i dont want to end up let people chop carrot :bsmilie:

cast123 said:
i see, thks for the recomendation :thumbsup:
but roughly what the estimate price for the 2 items? Cos i dont want to end up let people chop carrot :bsmilie:

Lens Pen ~ $8-$20+?
Blower big one ~ $6-$8

FiveIronFrenzy said:
Actually both also need.

yah, I am using the big blue blower alright, one of the strongest I can find.

thinking of also buying a can of compressed air for those sometimes stubborn 'sticky' dust particles.

i have the same question too, if using lens tissue, what should I use? paper type or those silky type people use to wipe their raybans? have read that paper tissue can scratch the coating on the lens so don't dare to use.

FiveIronFrenzy said:
Actually both also need.

Huh? Blue one?

Alpc said:
Huh? Blue one?

blue one refers to the ones sold by TCW (the camera workshop, in case u wanna ask. and its at peninsular hotel, in case u wanna know. ;) ) supposedly one of the best on the mkt. think its swiss-made or something like dat, someone once told me. u have to ask them for it. they use to keep them in a big box on the counter. but after TCW's renovations, i dun seem them on the counter anymore.

john 3:16 have for $15 i think. not sure where else sells... i saw one at cathay, but it was for cleaning lcd.

i'm also curious... how to know when it's time to replace the lenspen? can't tell when the cleaning agent run out leh...

Status
Not open for further replies.