Bloody selfish driver SJL9216D

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-man

Mar 2, 2006
My House
I hope it's nobody here... seriously what a prick!

[video=youtube;28Er6VvwNps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Er6VvwNps[/video]

if the driver's loved one was in the ambulance, fighting for her life, he would have given way in a hurry.

I've seen this a *lot*. And not to sound sexist, but about 80% of the time it's a lady driver. The other 20% it's young punk kids who think it's their "right" not to move.

The ambulance driver should/must send a report to LTA/TP!!! SOAB!!

You can send this to Traffic Police.

What you could have done is to follow the car and get your friends in the car to take photo of the driver.

You can also follow the car till it parks and maybe the driver works in a place, say for example a bank. You can then send a nice letter to his employer. They are always looking for a reason why some staff should not get bonus. You can help to provide a reason.

Last edited:
Ricohflex, if it were me, I certainly would be doing what you have suggested, at the very least!

But unfortunately this was from my FB and I merely posted the YouTube video here and hope most of you can share. I have already shared and will be sending the link to TP.

You can send this to Traffic Police.

What you could have done is to follow the car and get your friends in the car to take photo of the driver.

You can also follow the car till it parks and maybe the driver works in a place, say for example a bank. You can then send a nice letter to his employer. They are always looking for a reason why some staff should not get bonus. You can help to provide a reason.

I don't see any attempt to change lane. Usually drivers in Singapore, no matter how notoriously painful, will still try to give way for such instances.

ambulances and fire engines are installed with video cameras which can capture images of vehicles that obstruct them. can you all dont be so suaku ?

Drivers who do not give way to private ambulances can be fined. They face a $160 fine and four demerit points, if they are brought to court, first- time offenders can be fined up to $1,000 and jailed for up to three months, while repeat offenders can be fined up to $2,000 and jailed for six months. They can also be disqualified from driving.

Last edited:
This comment on Youtube, just posted, lagi best:

You do realised that one does not really essentially need to give way to that private ambulance right.It is not an official ambulance,to which, how would you know that that "civic ambulance" was actually an ambulance?Could it just be a van with a label. And besides, if the ambulance driver really needed to rush to the hospital, i saw plenty of opportunities to weave his way forward,granted that the Honda wasn't barging.I don't condone the Honda's actions,but there are other factors to it.

:sweat:

WTF has having a video camera that captures images have to do with us commenting here? What has this to do with suaku? And no I didn't know that they had video cameras on board so bite me!

And yes $160 fine + 4 demerit point. WOW! That is a whole month's salary, IF you lived in Botswana! The point isn't the fine, the charges or the demerits. All these mean JACKSH*T for someone lying in agony IN THE AMBULANCE that this car is blocking, so stop being a frigging dick about this and act all macho and sh*t because honestly, if this were YOUR loved one, I'd like to see you act the same way.

Mods sorry if I am abrasive or blunt but I got ZERO tolerance for people with no lack of empathy.

ambulances and fire engines are installed with video cameras which can capture images of vehicles that obstruct them. can you all dont be so suaku ?

Drivers who do not give way to private ambulances can be fined. They face a $160 fine and four demerit points, if they are brought to court, first- time offenders can be fined up to $1,000 and jailed for up to three months, while repeat offenders can be fined up to $2,000 and jailed for six months. They can also be disqualified from driving.

WTF has having a video camera that captures images have to do with us commenting here? What has this to do with suaku? And no I didn't know that they had video cameras on board so bite me!

And yes $160 fine + 4 demerit point. WOW! That is a whole month's salary, IF you lived in Botswana! The point isn't the fine, the charges or the demerits. All these mean JACKSH*T for someone lying in agony IN THE AMBULANCE that this car is blocking, so stop being a frigging dick about this and act all macho and sh*t because honestly, if this were YOUR loved one, I'd like to see you act the same way.

Mods sorry if I am abrasive or blunt but I got ZERO tolerance for people with no lack of empathy.

Relax, I think he is saying that no need to send video to anyone, usually the ambulance driver already complain.. Here's the link which ninelives probably referenced.

Some still not giving way to ambulances

Even if ambulance has sent, I feel keeping the pressure on TP and LTA to impose MUCH stricter fines is definitely necessary.

Relax, I think he is saying that no need to send video to anyone, usually the ambulance driver already complain.. Here's the link which ninelives probably referenced.

Some still not giving way to ambulances

Even if ambulance has sent, I feel keeping the pressure on TP and LTA to impose MUCH stricter fines is definitely necessary.

Yep, I agree with you, just trying to explain ninelives' post. People tend to have their posting style, don't get too worked up about it. :)

Just keep in mind that things tend to cut both ways. I have also seen claims that some ambulance drivers abuse the siren/lights and use it to rush to buy lunch. Whether that is true or not, I do not know, but abuse is of course possible in many situations, so it's indeed plausible and TP/LTA also have to balance the other part too. For me, I would still give benefit of doubt everytime as we never know. Cheers!

Last edited:
Fine is just a monetary disincentive.

Social rejection is more powerful. Colleagues, friends and relatives of the driver can tell him or her off.

After the video, this car SJL 9216D may attract many scratches when it is parked anywhere in Singapore.

Last edited:

for sure

but there are OTHER forms of punishment outside of the courts, one of which is public shaming and ridicule I think TS could have posted this clip for that purpose

with the number of views and circulation on social media , the driver die die will surely know about the video clip

So now, every time SJL9216D goes on the road , it will be in utter shame at least for a few weeks until everyone forgets about it and move on to the next thing to get enraged over

Yes my purpose of posting this is to name and shame the driver of that car.

Why? Because the so-called fine is a joke. It isn't even a slap on the wrist.

My personal take? Ban from driving for 1 year + confiscate that car. Because such idiots have no place on our roads.

Any form of punishment is reactive. Time is precious for whoever on the ambulance that requires medical attention. Drivers should be considerate in changing lanes in advanced, not only when the ambulance is behind you.

On the other hand, it is not just the car directly in front of the ambulance. The cars before this car are also hogging the lane. The cars on the middle lane also did not slow down or create space to allow cars from the over-taking lanes to move in. Everyone is driving with the mentality that the ambulance is not behind me.

Last edited:
ManWearPants said:
Any form of punishment is reactive. Time is precious for whoever on the ambulance that requires medical attention. Drivers should be considerate in changing lanes in advanced, not only when the ambulance is behind you.

On the other hand, it is not just the car directly in front of the ambulance. The cars before this car are also hogging the lane. The cars on the middle lane also did not slow down or create space to allow cars from the over-taking lanes to move in. Everyone is driving with the mentality that the ambulance is not behind me.

Drivers are not telepathic. The driver did not even bother to signal that he/she wishes to change lanes.

While punishment are reactive, perhaps some people need to have it drilled into them the hard way.

this is as good as murdering somebody if it is really an urgent case where the patient needs immediate medical attention such as heart attack and etc.
This driver should be jailed for couple of weeks and his or her photo on the news.

Separately from the topic.

Of course the authority issuing the car license plates would have the database.

Is there an on-line database open to the public where one can do a reverse search based on a car licence plate?
i.e. you type in licence plate number and the registered owner is identified.

Is there a service where you pay a small sum to get this information?
Like for example, the ROCAB enquiries.

Well, unless one parks a car in a private garage with a shutter door, it is not difficult to trace any car parked near the home of its owner.

If parked in an open car park or a multi storey car park, neighbours would instantly recognise a particular car license plate number.

Status
Not open for further replies.