Blood Donation Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Jan 17, 2002
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
Dear all, I am organising a blood donation drive on 14 July 2007 (Sat) at Zhenghua Community Club (1 Segar Rd - at Bt Panjang Ring Rd) from 10am to 4pm.

Pls drop by if you are free.

Thanks!!

There will also be a exhibition on the 10 religions in Singapore.

Great stuff and i would love to join but since i lived in Europe i am banned from donating blood in Singapore.... go figure...

Great stuff and i would love to join but since i lived in Europe i am banned from donating blood in Singapore.... go figure...

err dont tell me its...a

interesting, why are you banned from donating michael? is it a law in your home country or here in singapore? any thoughts on why?

interesting, why are you banned from donating michael? is it a law in your home country or here in singapore? any thoughts on why?
here in singapore... i think it has something to do with the mad cow disease... scared that one would have eaten some contaminated meat and can carry the thing in the blood....

here in singapore... i think it has something to do with the mad cow disease... scared that one would have eaten some contaminated meat and can carry the thing in the blood....
Same here, got rejected due to same reason
http://www.hsa.gov.sg/html/consumer/ctm_how_to_be_a_donor.html
Travel to Europe
WEF 1 JULY 2002
You will not be eligible to donate blood indefinitely if you fall into ANY one of the following 3 groups:
  • You have visited or lived in the United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, or the Channel Island) from 1980 through 1996 for a cumulative period of 3 months or more.
  • You have received a transfusion of blood or blood components in the United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, the Isle of Man, or the Channel Island) between 1980 till now.
  • You have visited or lived in France from 1980 till now for a cumulative period of 5 years or more.
  • You can ONLY donate plasma through apheresis method if you have stayed in Europe (besides United Kingdom and France) for a cumulative period of more than 5 years from 1980 till the present.

dragos: I must first applaud you for taking the time & not to mention, effort to organize a blood-donation drive! If you think it is tough to get people to donate money, trying getting ppl to donate blood. :( I have been a volunteer for Red Cross and each time we try to get ppl to donate blood, they shudder at the thought of needles. I would definitely go down to support your blood donation drive by donating but my doctor (and not to mention Australia Red Cross) has advised me not to donate blood due to my low red-blood count. The last time I donated blood in Aussie, I fainted after the account due to my low red blood count. :cry: But I seriously hope that this does not deter other people with healthy red blood count to donate! :)

dragos: I must first applaud you for taking the time & not to mention, effort to organize a blood-donation drive! If you think it is tough to get people to donate money, trying getting ppl to donate blood. :( I have been a volunteer for Red Cross and each time we try to get ppl to donate blood, they shudder at the thought of needles. I would definitely go down to support your blood donation drive by donating but my doctor (and not to mention Australia Red Cross) has advised me not to donate blood due to my low red-blood count. The last time I donated blood in Aussie, I fainted after the account due to my low red blood count. :cry: But I seriously hope that this does not deter other people with healthy red blood count to donate! :)
you should take care of yourself before take care of other people :sweat:

low red blood count canot donate blood? my medical report last yr shows that i have lower red blood count ley. means i also not qualified lor.... :(

you should take care of yourself before take care of other people :sweat:

I have a history of low blood pressure. But the low red blood count was a new thing to me. I only found out when the doctor at Red Cross tested it after I fainted. :sweat:

low red blood count canot donate blood? my medical report last yr shows that i have lower red blood count ley. means i also not qualified lor.... :(

Low red blood count can be alleviated by taking more iron rich foods. After that incident, I started taking iron supplements for a couple of months and my red blood count increased dramatically. :) You should get yours checked out with your doctor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.