Blogshop photography service fee

awayapple

Apr 26, 2012
Hi everyone.
Do you all know how much is now market charging for online blogshop photography?
Looking for photographer for online blogshop :)))

Please give some comment. :))

Thank you very much :))

there are many people offering blogshop photography services, including myself.

i personally feel that with the advent of a decent DSLR at relatively affordable prices, many people are now saturating the photography biz market with very low rates. i know of people who offer 20/hr for such shoots. no offense to these people, but i think it is a ridiculously low rate. so if you were to ask if there's a market rate now, i'd say not really. haha.

i think ultimately, the kind of photos you get will commensurate the amount you pay.

all the best. :)

Hi oneofakind, thank you for your comment. Will look around ;))

just post your request in service wanted and you will be flooded by all the offers, some may even offer you to shoot for free.

I see the rate being offer, I would rather spend the time to shoot something more productive.

There's two ways to go about doing this. You can post a request and ask photographers for their rates, or you can set your budget and wait for interested photographers to respond.

In both cases, you should view their portfolio before deciding

Hi catchlights, thank you for the comment (:)

Hi Nedy77, thank you for the comment! (:)

Hi everyone here, if I want find out the rate for how much per hour for fashion shoot, where should I post? At clubsnap marketplace? Thanks (:)

Hi everyone here, if I want find out the rate for how much per hour for fashion shoot, where should I post? At clubsnap marketplace? Thanks (:)

You can post your request here and ask for quotes.

Services Wanted

Like what others say, some people are even willing to do it for free, however, I advise you to view their portfolios before deciding. So far I have not done any blogshop shoots for free, even for portfolio building.

Asking others abt market rate is crazy...

You simply base on someone else's pricing and plus and minus a percentage and call it your own.

Everyone, including myself, make the same mistake by asking your peers and in turn your peers ask you too... Using fake email abd identity anyone?

So at the end of the day, no one has any clue how to charge and this confusion create the so call "market rate".

Isn't it irony?

The minimum charge should be your cost + profit.

U calculate your cost then ask yourself how much profit u want.

That's should be your charge.

Now based on that, it really depends on the value that you can sell to your clients, you are either having too much clients or no clients.

No clients? As yourself why and change it. And no, don't change the charge. Change everything else.

Too much client? Increase your price while keep increasing your value.

Let's take an example, if I want to charge $1k for each portrait shoot.

How you make this happen define an a professional or amateur? It is not the charge that define them.

Regards,

Hart

A few things quickly, both for the TS and for photographers;

Studio shots on white or outdoor stylized shoot? Does photographer has studio? If booking studio who book? Do you have location in mind? Weather dependent?

Stylist or art direction involved? Who provide?

Totally still life or need human models? Who provide models and do the casting? Freelancers or agencies?

A lot of noob models and models wannabe, are you sauvy enough differential?

Will photographer willing to work with newbie models?

Makeup artist and hair stylist? Are they experienced in this area?

Do photogr do retouching of needed and to what extend before it goes into the realm of professional retouchers?

Will you assign a producer/manager to make sure all falls into line? Turn up on time, do coordination?

Photographers and client should spell out such duties and responsibilities in agreement to prevent misunderstanding. Photographers sole responsibity is to take photos.

Photographer may charge a times based rate ie hourly or day rate. In this case if the photog is dumb slow or smart slow, client incurs cost. If the photogr is genuine but client has unreasonable expectations and request beyond the ability or availability of time, results deteriorate too. Thus clients often go for reputed photogrs of experience and good business ethnics.

Number of items/shots based charge: photogr need to set a minimum number and add from there. Or else they earn nothing. This method of charging may not be practical if the work produced involves the involvement of other persons and locations.

Or Hybrid method of charging, but too complicated to discuss here.

FYI a commercial fashion shoot is frequently a 5 to 7 digit project depending on how much they pour in to build that brand. How much you want to invest in your brand and ad materials depends on you. For low budget blog shops lot of things you can do yourself, but some money you cannot save. So when you do spend it, spend carefully. Clubsnap is full of amatuer wannabes. As much as clients prey on noob photogrs, noob photogrs also preyed upon clients, probably not for money, but for the sake if 'act pro' and bragging rights to other hobbyists' thus they can do free, they dont want your money. They want something else. So I suggest you ask for quotes and portfolio from multiple sources, real commercial studios, freelance professionals, and hobby people on clubsnap, and get a better idea. Remember your time and efforts and other peoples involvement is also money, thus be careful who you give the time and money to.

Last edited:
Hi Hart, thank you for your comment, I m newbie in clubsnap and searching for photographer. That's why I need post here to ask everyone how is rate looks like. Just need some advise from you all. But many thanks for your comment :)

Hi spree86, thank you for the comment. I receive your inbox MSG. Thank you :)

Hi JasonB, thank you for your long comment! I did'nt know there is so much thing to follow up. Much appreciated for your comment :)

agree with Hart, for the pricing I see on offering or shooting blogshop shots,

Fashion/ Blogshop apparel Photography
-Bring your own models and apparels to our studio, we will have it Photographed on white background each photo only @$10-12

don't know how can justify the time and effort, and still make a profit.

agree with Hart, for the pricing I see on offering or shooting blogshop shots,

don't know how can justify the time and effort, and still make a profit.

When you have too much time and not making any money, there isn't need for any justification when going cheap. Any money coming in better than nothing.

Some treat photography purely from business perspective... you pay, I click and the result is nobody business
Some treat photography purely from art perspective... you work with the photographer the way he/she wanted... if you choose the photographer based on their style, you will rewarded.
Some treat photography with balance between the two...

So it really depends on what you want.

Just to give TS some ideas, the preparation can takes a while and it won't be as straight forward as client come in to the studio and ready and you just click then miraculously the model is on the second outfit and you just click again...

The click time will be fairly quick... then the owner of the company will probably ask you for your "input" as what looks good?? see you are the photographer, you should know? its a job of stylist really.

So generally, the best way to approach is to ask questions first, then offer the quote.... what bro JasonB gives are nonetheless a good start but not the most exhaustive list to do the right thing.

To grow bigger, you can't do what everybody is doing and you can't do what you do every time... because, that means, you won't have any selling point pretty soon.

Regards,

Hart

opps... sorry...

Anyway, it is good for the TS to see it from Photographer's perspective so TS can have better idea on the work involve.

At the end of the day, a great quality product sells a lot better then a mediocre one...

Regards,

Hart

Yes. I'm the owner of the blogshop. Not TS. Sorry. What is TS? Newbie here. haha. :)

opps... sorry...

Anyway, it is good for the TS to see it from Photographer's perspective so TS can have better idea on the work involve.

At the end of the day, a great quality product sells a lot better then a mediocre one...

Regards,

Hart

Hi Hart, Really thank you for so much information. Much appreciated (:) Thank you