Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord_Angelus said:
I find there is alot of "anit" *** aka Gov and etc on the blogs and some of them are pretty brainless at time

i hate blogs with bad english .. i just cant stand it :dunno:

kennysia.com used to be good. but the quality seemed to have dropped .. shrug.. still read it from time to time..

mrbrown.com is good for a laugh

tuckermax.com is awesome.. although not really a blog per se

and maddox as well
and some other of my friends blogs

I have a photoblog :sweat:

in rocksons case, i think the bad english is intentional. i think behind hte facade, hes probably a really educated intelligent person.

Klose said:
I have a photoblog :sweat:
And I have a blog. But after stuff like these.... Makes me think twice on political satire and daily rants to keep the steam out in my blog. :bsmilie:

TodayOnline said:
Distorting the truth, mr brown?
When a columnist becomes a 'partisan player' in politics

Letter from K BHAVANI
Press Secretary to the Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts

Your mr brown column, "S'poreans are fed, up with progress!" (June 30) poured sarcasm on many issues, including the recent General Household Survey, price increases in electricity tariffs and taxi fares, our IT plans, the Progress Package and means testing for special school fees.

The results of the General Household Survey were only available after the General Election. But similar data from the Household Expenditure Survey had been published last year before the election.

There was no reason to suppress the information. It confirmed what we had told Singaporeans all along, that globalisation would stretch out incomes.

mr brown must also know that price increases in electricity tariffs and taxi fares are the inevitable result of higher oil prices.

These were precisely the reasons for the Progress Package — to help lower income Singaporeans cope with higher costs of living.

Our IT plans are critical to Singapore's competitive position and will improve the job chances of individual Singaporeans. It is wrong of mr brown to make light of them.

As for means testing for special school fees, we understand mr brown's disappointment as the father of an autistic child. However, with means testing, we can devote more resources to families who need more help.

mr brown's views on all these issues distort the truth. They are polemics dressed up as analysis, blaming the Government for all that he is unhappy with. He offers no alternatives or solutions. His piece is calculated to encourage cynicism and despondency, which can only make things worse, not better, for those he professes to sympathise with.

mr brown is entitled to his views. But opinions which are widely circulated in a regular column in a serious newspaper should meet higher standards. Instead of a diatribe mr brown should offer constructive criticism and alternatives. And he should come out from behind his pseudonym to defend his views openly.

It is not the role of journalists or newspapers in Singapore to champion issues, or campaign for or against the Government. If a columnist presents himself as a non-political observer, while exploiting his access to the mass media to undermine the Government's standing with the electorate, then he is no longer a constructive critic, but a partisan player in politics.

jsbn said:
And I have a blog. But after stuff like these.... Makes me think twice on political satire and daily rants to keep the steam out in my blog. :bsmilie:

there is just this saying... u can do anything u wan, just dun get caught... there is a few examples listed... maybe next time we could do a yong tau hoo man on the Mr Brown story...
and then there is this chinese saying which Mr Brown should understand... Ren pa chu ming, Zhu pa fei (Man are afraid of famous, Pig are afraid of fat)... he is 1 good example... he is going to be slaughtered soon... ;p

This defies logic - even if someone is speaking up against the Government, how can anyone say that he is a "partisan player in politics". He is likely to be speaking up not against the ***, but the Government, Stat Boards, and whatever associated government and quasi-government bodies.

It is not the role of journalists or newspapers in Singapore to champion issues, or campaign for or against the Government. If a columnist presents himself as a non-political observer, while exploiting his access to the mass media to undermine the Government's standing with the electorate, then he is no longer a constructive critic, but a partisan player in politics

Again, this shows that the author may wish to reconsider his views - Mr Brown doesn't exactly take overt steps to keep his identity secret.

"And he should come out from behind his pseudonym to defend his views openly."

Actually its quite silly.... By saying "He shld come out frm behind his pseudonym to defend his views openly" shows that the author of the letter is absolutely outta touch since by showing his face, his name is an open secret and stuff like dat, he isn't really 'hiding' behind a pseudonym.... :confused:

could it have mean that Mr Brown should come out and fight for his ideas? meaning using action instead of words in the internet?

jsbn said:
Actually its quite silly.... By saying "He shld come out frm behind his pseudonym to defend his views openly" shows that the author of the letter is absolutely outta touch since by showing his face, his name is an open secret and stuff like dat, he isn't really 'hiding' behind a pseudonym.... :confused:
the government is out of touch with its people :(

scramblur11 said:
could it have mean that Mr Brown should come out and fight for his ideas? meaning using action instead of words in the internet?

Think they are taunting him to be the next DCA's Non Political Podcast #666, MrColorful go to AMK food hawker centre to buy Yong Tau Foo...

dr34mc4st3r said:
the government is out of touch with its people :(
I wun say 'completely' out of touch. A rift is there, slowly but surely.

But maintain this way and the ruiling will turn opposition and opposition will turn ruiling in a matter of 20yrs (or 4 GEs).

jsbn said:
I wun say 'completely' out of touch. A rift is there, slowly but surely.

But maintain this way and the ruiling will turn opposition and opposition will turn ruiling in a matter of 20yrs (or 4 GEs).

i think my dear fren would be meaning, the 'head' is losing touch with their limbs... would be a better choice... cos the extremities of our 'body' is so near yet so far... and if you dun constantly care for them much, u won't know their difficulties. U can go for manicure, put a layer of paint over it, and treat it like its nice, but wats underneath may not be as nice as it is...

My blog is very vulgar :bsmilie:

thats just a typical anal *** view...

its the internet. so he should be free to say what he wants. without having to justify himself. as long as you arent stirring inciting any racial hatred or making rascist comments, i see no issue with that.

Klose said:
My blog is very vulgar :bsmilie:
Mine too.... Well... To some people it is... Wassup with all the F words??

Status
Not open for further replies.