Blessed X Mas! What are you buying for yourself this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
So we have a reccession, there are job issues, but are you still looking out for a special gift for someone, or maybe a new toy for yourself?

I have a few myself:

- jewelry box (no jewels, just the box thankfully...)
- tennis racket
- a few DVDs

:)

So we have a reccession, there are job issues, but are you still looking out for a special gift for someone, or maybe a new toy for yourself?

I have a few myself:

- jewelry box (no jewels, just the box thankfully...)
- tennis racket
- a few DVDs

:)

Done deal...bought myself the new Microsoft Gaming keyboard. Sidewinder X6. That's the best indulgences for this year till I can scour a new job. A new toy to stay indoor heheh.. away from Expensive Orchard Road.

Done deal...bought myself the new Microsoft Gaming keyboard. Sidewinder X6. That's the best indulgences for this year till I can scour a new job. A new toy to stay indoor heheh.. away from Expensive Orchard Road.

tell you already, come and work with me, we always need people who give their 101%
btw what do you do? or what can you do?

tell you already, come and work with me, we always need people who give their 101%
btw what do you do? or what can you do?

Jack of a trades...master of none hahahah...... Agency life is not for me. If it did, I would have stayed in it back in the early 80s. In the creative wat but just never in an agency maybe too many bad impressions and back stab scars heheh.

Have a fun trip man.

Completed O level + Bday + X'mas combined present.. at the end of month..

will be a very much awaited 70-200 2.8IS lens =D

Paid in full by my parents, woohoo!

Jack of a trades...master of none hahahah...... Agency life is not for me. If it did, I would have stayed in it back in the early 80s. In the creative wat but just never in an agency maybe too many bad impressions and back stab scars heheh.

Have a fun trip man.

thanks, will talk to you when i come back

Hmmmm more sample albums and maybe... a spanking new 5D? :heart:

getting a new car this Xmas :p

If it did, I would have stayed in it back in the early 80s.

Mind if i ask you how old? 40 approaching 50?? Your pic look like maybe early 40s leh(provided that pic on your avarta is you la)

Mind to give some advice to young ppl out here?? i might be heading that way in future leh.... You say until like that sounds scary leh....

Completed O level + Bday + X'mas combined present.. at the end of month..

will be a very much awaited 70-200 2.8IS lens =D

Paid in full by my parents, woohoo!

Woah good life la you! O level results coming out in abt a mth's time.... Good luck dude! JC or Poly??

My brithday oso coming leh, but somehow my parents dun buy me any lens... They say waste $$ sia... So gonna earn my own $$. Treasure the ATM while you can... in a couple of years time, when you wanna withdraw $ from the ATM, you will see the screen saying "WASTE $ SIA".

But jokes aside, its good to earn your own keep so that become a potential card slave in future! Not that i saying you will become one, but yea, me got friend like that then end up become card slave. Even parents can't bill him out....

In the meantime, enjoy yourself!

Last edited:
Mind if i ask you how old? 40 approaching 50?? Your pic look like maybe early 40s leh(provided that pic on your avarta is you la)

Mind to give some advice to young ppl out here?? i might be heading that way in future leh.... You say until like that sounds scary leh....

if you intend to go agency, you must eat sleep breath design and marketing
it is not about making things look nice, it is about selling stuff

normal working days are around 12-16hrs days

hey i am still in my office, rushing out another ad
best is to intern or work part time in one before you make your decision.

only the best make it and the industry is small

if you don't intend to put in the effort, don't even come in as you will burn out really fast

Last edited:

Time to stay on topic for the TS sake...let's not go OB further. I am the wrong person to ask about agencies. And no that is not me. Just some young handsome stud of a ladies man whoes avatar I stole to humble myself as I look alot better. :sticktong

Just bought a new external Maxtor USB 1T drive for myself...so I guess that is two Xmas gifts I bought myself within one week.

if you don't intend to put in the effort, don't even come in as you will burn out really fast

See that in a nut shell is why I stayed out of it. heheheheh......

Eh i nvr intern or work part time in one before, but i worked with a couple of them before during my part time at a japanese MNC(quite well known here in CS). I admit that was quite a full time staff's work.... DDB, Dentsu, Rap collins, vibes, blah blah blah... Eh but it seems fun leh, until today when i came across this thread...

But anyway got bad experience with one of them.... Give me artwork during late evening, end up i have to OT until 10pm (coz i not very well versed in illustrator) to rectify the error coz i need it next morning....

Eh sorry arh to TS....

OK... I know this is, "out there" and is probably a little, "over the top", but....

I am going to splurge out and get a 1GB USB drive :thumbsup:

My 128MB one is nearly full and you can't find 256MB ones ANYWHERE !

Call me crazy, but , hey.... it's Christmas and I think I am worth it.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

If u managed to find a 256mb one, probably u might be surprised to know that its going to cost more than a 2gb thumbdrive.....

Come look for me... I give you my 256mb :)

OK... I know this is, "out there" and is probably a little, "over the top", but....

I am going to splurge out and get a 1GB USB drive :thumbsup:

My 128MB one is nearly full and you can't find 256MB ones ANYWHERE !

Call me crazy, but , hey.... it's Christmas and I think I am worth it.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

opps.... that reminds me that my 64mb Sony Memory Stick that cost me $150 ( back in the days) is almost full too. hehehehehehehe.......

I ... I ... I want ...a 16mb CF card, sealed in original packaging! :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.