kniveswood

Apr 15, 2005
Singapore
www.amerrymoment.com
208093933_3887cb396a.jpg

C&C welcomed! :)

why that title? :dunno:

The title looks mismatch with the shot.

On the picture, I like the angle, however, prefer a stronger contrast.

Thanks for the comments everyone! No i didnt stalk him haha. It was a candid hip shot while waiting for fireworks.

When I saw how it turned out, I felt it gave me the feeling he is looking into the sky and giving the "Oei!" hand. Like he is blaming the Gods, hence the title. :D

I love the composition & contrast of the photo.. :thumbsup:

Some of the viewers may think that the photo is inappropriately named but ultimately, it is really up to how the photographer interpreted the situation and how he wants his picture to be portrayed to his audience.

However, as I am a newbie in this forum, I'm not sure if you have thread upon ethical issues of race/religion that this forum may have.

Yup, title may be a bit offensive but nontheless good pic!

Maybe a better title might be "Heaven's Will"

knivewood: the pic seem to have the same pose as the one in ur avatar... seems like u love to shoot ppl with their hands up ;p

kniveswood said:
Thanks for the comments everyone! No i didnt stalk him haha. It was a candid hip shot while waiting for fireworks.

When I saw how it turned out, I felt it gave me the feeling he is looking into the sky and giving the "Oei!" hand. Like he is blaming the Gods, hence the title. :D

i thiink it is well compose, more contrast will be better.

i like the title, but may i suggest the title "Oei".

1) less offensive for those who are less able to take things on the lighter side.
2) it will reflect your feeling when taking this photo.

"give me rain"
sorry for being lame :bsmilie:

QOTD: Is atheism a religion itself? Is the belief of no beliefs an oxymoron? Should it be condemned to the same level as racism? -AReality©

Interesting picture. In terms of appropriate title, I think 'Let there be rain' would be more appropriate. Furthermore, hardly is in the teaching or the belief system of a buddhist monk that there is a God up there. The monk would be ridiculing himself if he was 'truly' blaming God.

Don't get me wrong, not making any religious statement. Just felt that the title and the picture does not go hand in hand due to the subject nature.

or almighty lord or something... from a more optimistic pt of view la

nice compo btw.

oracle0711 said:
Interesting picture. In terms of appropriate title, I think 'Let there be rain' would be more appropriate. Furthermore, hardly is in the teaching or the belief system of a buddhist monk that there is a God up there. The monk would be ridiculing himself if he was 'truly' blaming God.

if a monk believe in god he is no monk at all

at first glance, I found that the title match the picture. You sometimes see people raising their hand like this when they are blaming god or other people.

However, when I noticed that the person is a monk, I know that this will raise some issues among us. Nevertheless, I still prefer the original title. (perhaps if he wasnt a monk, it would be better)

denniskee said:
i thiink it is well compose, more contrast will be better.

i like the title, but may i suggest the title "Oei".

1) less offensive for those who are less able to take things on the lighter side.
2) it will reflect your feeling when taking this photo.

Initially I thought the title fit rather well. But denniskee's suggestion of Oei is much much stronger actually! Its a good photo! OI!

1. bad title due to TS's lack of understanding about subject
2. bad composition - whatever the subject is pointing to, it's leading out of the frame, leaving a huge chunk of unnecessary space on the left

i differ. i think the composition is excellent. placement of the subject is perfect. contrast and saturation are great. the title's kinda wierd, but it's just a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.