Black Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

redavalon2359

Aug 18, 2007
Hi all,

I saw some photographers tape the base of their Grip/body/lens and lens hood).

I guess this is to protect them against abration againt wear and tear/cosmetic damage from the surroundding.

What tape is that??? where can i buy it?? got anyone with pics of their equipment with tape?

It's called Gaffer tape.

there may be some MO's avail in the Mass Order subforum.

It's called Gaffer tape.

there may be some MO's avail in the Mass Order subforum.

anyone has picture of their nicely gaffered camera?

Just bought a roll of apollo gaffer tape today...will try to 'suit' up my stuff later.

Anyone have pics of lens or body that is gaffered?

:dunno:

My apologies,

I dun really understand why gaffer tape is needed to 'suit up' the camera. Is it because it gives a better grip for the user?

Hope experienced members can help to enlighten me. Thanks in advance. :D

My apologies,

I dun really understand why gaffer tape is needed to 'suit up' the camera. Is it because it gives a better grip for the user?

Hope experienced members can help to enlighten me. Thanks in advance. :D

Protect against scratches, bumps and for ppl like me, protect the grip against my sweaty palm. :sweat:

Once protected from scratches, it'll offer better resale value if you decide to sell. :)

Oh i see, hey zac and L-plate, thanks for the replies. I understood le.

Friendly friendly. :p

just remember gaffers tapes are not meant to be left on the lens or camera for more than 6 months. (depending on the weather and condition of the tapes too) As any gaffers tape will still leave some rubber residue at the edges of the tape if left too long. hence that 1 big roll is meant for you to change it when the condition worsen.

just remember gaffers tapes are not meant to be left on the lens or camera for more than 6 months. (depending on the weather and condition of the tapes too) As any gaffers tape will still leave some rubber residue at the edges of the tape if left too long. hence that 1 big roll is meant for you to change it when the condition worsen.
Yes indeed. :thumbsup:

Rule of thumb is to change the gaffer tape every 4 - 6 months. Better quality gaffer tapes will still leave residue at the corners if left for a long time e.g. 1 year but should be easily 'rubbed' off while center should be clean.

And yes, gaffer tape does improve grip on non-rubbery areas. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.