Black stain mark.

Nikondrian

Jan 15, 2011
Hi all needs help, all pictures snap by me end out to be a black stain mark in the same spot?? What to do the best and how and why?? Please advice thanks.

Dirt/dust in your camera.

Best advice is to bring it down to the service centre for a sensor cleaning.

Hi thanks for your kind for fast replay. I'm a hurry type will they solve my problem fast??

If it is really dirt/dust issue, sensor cleaning would take roughly an hour.

Ok! guess thats the best way for me to solve that irritating marks thanks a lot, yr advice.

even u change different lens ... black spot still there?

Yes same stain I just change and test.

Any good suggestion??

Appreciate your advice thanks.

u shld try blowing the sensor first with a strong blower. then take some test shots again to see if it's still there.

if it's still there then u haf to make a trip down to NSC

Yeah will try blow first hope it works. Thanks many.

Still the same mark after using the blow matter too bad and no choice got to head down to NSC. Anyway thanks your suggestion. Is it chargeable for cleaning the sensor@ NSC.

Sorry to add that mine is still under warranty. Thks.

Still the same mark after using the blow matter too bad and no choice got to head down to NSC. Anyway thanks your suggestion. Is it chargeable for cleaning the sensor@ NSC.

it's still chargeable even if ur camera is still under warranty.

Noted with thks.

Hi fellow photographer, I have noticed that my DSLR viewfinder is dirty on the inside after i went down to NSC for sensor cleaning this morning. I can see some dust every time I look through it. The picture is not affected, but it is really annoying to see this. I checked with the NSC and they quote for another $120.00 if i wanted to clean the view finder.

Can you suggest what is the best to clean this dust without going down to NSC again and touching any other internal part of the body especially the sensor?

Thanks

Hi fellow photographer, I have noticed that my DSLR viewfinder is dirty on the inside after i went down to NSC for sensor cleaning this morning. I can see some dust every time I look through it. The picture is not affected, but it is really annoying to see this. I checked with the NSC and they quote for another $120.00 if i wanted to clean the view finder.

Can you suggest what is the best to clean this dust without going down to NSC again and touching any other internal part of the body especially the sensor?

Thanks
I simply ignore it, since it does not show up on my images, anyway, after a while, you won't notice it at all.

But does this affect metering? I know AF does get affected but I am concerned that this could cause a metering issue...should I be?

I've used old SLRs with a fair amount of dust inside the viewfinder and all my shots are exposed properly. Well, except for the ones where I accidentally set to spot metering instead of matrix. I wouldn't worry too much about it.