black or white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clement Low

Jun 2, 2007
Simei
The main aim of this picture is the play of the constrast of black and white. Of course, having the two wall is boring so I placed a subject standing there. What do you guys think? Does the contrast strike you at first glance? Any other comments re: composition, etc welcomed

The_one0001.JPG

The main aim of this picture is the play of the constrast of black and white. Of course, having the two wall is boring so I placed a subject standing there. What do you guys think? Does the contrast strike you at first glance? Any other comments re: composition, etc welcomed

The_one0001.JPG

interesting concept... i like the way the black shirt blends in on 1 side, and intrudes on the other... i not sure if u purposely din focus on his face, but the off-focus is distracting to me

Looks soft. Facial detail is underexposed. Like what tribal.snake mentioned, looks too much like a candid than a well thought of and well executed conceptual shot.

Looks soft. Facial detail is underexposed. Like what tribal.snake mentioned, looks too much like a candid than a well thought of and well executed conceptual shot.

Thanks tribalsnake and calebk. Yes, it was not a well thought of shot as I'm trying this "creative photography" technique for the first time. Actually, I shot this with inspiration from another CSer (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=318342) That was all I had in mind, the concept. I wanted to see what others think of the shot and hope to pick up the finer points from the comments.

What are the things that I should consider when I want to plan this kind of shots? OK, focus more on the face, the black shirt concept was good, anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.