Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plinius

May 22, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi all,

you would prefer manfrotto 190PROB (055PROB) [black version] or the 190PRO (055PRO) [silver version]?

the PROB version sure looks more chio coz of the black finishing, but i understand that the black coating could be quite easily scratched (true??) and the silver layer would be exposed, i.e. the cosmetic would be worst off than the PRO after some time......

any comments/views are welcome

thanks...

Some people claim the silver ones reflect light that can be critical when doing macro stuff. Personally, I don't really care since I'm using Gitzo. :devil:

Ever wondered why there is an option for black or silver?

In the past, some cameras come in 2 versions : Black and someother colours. (As least this was the case for Nikon FM2). The black version will always be more costly.

The reason why some people buy black equipments is because silver equipments will reflect light. This is especially so in a studio setup as any stray light can ruin any picture. Manufacturers therefore treat black as a 'special request' thus jacking up the price.

So black or silver? Depends whether you will be using it in a studio or situation whereby you will need to have absolute control on the lighting conditions.

Does the black one get heated up more easily than the silver one if under the sun for extended period of time? Since dark colours conduct heat better.

My macro lens is usually burning after shooting in the sun. I don't want to have a burning tripod also. Considering between these 2 tripods also.

Personally, think black looks better...more pro... ;)

Casual use, silver.
More Pro look, black.

I bought the silver version.

Status
Not open for further replies.