Black Lines on Images

Lorenzal

Jul 24, 2008
Hi Bros,

I need some help regarding this, as you see in the image , there are black wavy lines on the right side of my picture,also on the top right hand corner you will see this as well , it happened when i was using another lens as well. I tried googling for answer but i dont know how to describe the lines problem and results they gave me are nice pictures with black lines instead ;p

Currently using 5D with a 24-105 f4, recently tried with 50mm 1.8 also has this issue.

317542_10150297570743583_641798582_8068627_1725494984_n.jpg
[/IMG]

I bet is some dust and dirt on your camera sensor, please read your camera user manual for how to do self sensor cleaning.

Classic dust. Learn to use a rocket blower.

I saw the manual asking to do the sensor cleaning option and use rubber blower to blow the dust...That should be sufficient right? I saw some other solution using sensor swap to clean the sensors, i dont need that right? Its kinda scary process as i rarely touch the inside of my camera...:embrass:

I saw the manual asking to do the sensor cleaning option and use rubber blower to blow the dust...That should be sufficient right? I saw some other solution using sensor swap to clean the sensors, i dont need that right? Its kinda scary process as i rarely touch the inside of my camera...:embrass:
may or may go off with blower, please search in YouTube for how to use sensor clearing tool to clean your sensor.

it's a sea monster!!!! it's attaacking the city!

blower should work.. if not can send in to csc if us cared to clean yourself. lol

Welcome to the world of DSLR. You need to learn the basics of cleaning, otherwise your camera will be in the service centre more than out of it.

Thanks all for the inputs , i just bought the rubber blower during lunch and will try to remove these dust later , anyways just to share i saw this video on youtube hopefully it will be useful for some newbie like me also.

Thanks again bros!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChWoZViP0-A

may or may go off with blower, please search in YouTube for how to use sensor clearing tool to clean your sensor.
To add on,

A good blow should settle UNWELDED dust if you do it properly.

For welded dust (dust with moisture which causes it to adhere to surfaces), you would need wet cleaning.

Thanks all for the inputs , i just bought the rubber blower during lunch and will try to remove these dust later , anyways just to share i saw this video on youtube hopefully it will be useful for some newbie like me also.

Thanks again bros!

Just to add on, do NOT attempt to use your mouth to blow in...it will cause more complications than help to blow it out.

Hi All

Thanks for all the inputs , i managed to clean the sensor yesterday , apparently saw the 'sea monster' on the sensor as soon as the mirror locks up...:D

Thank you all!!!

it's not that scary to clean the sensor yourself... its not that delicate as u think (of cos not cleaning by brunt force lah).

i learnt this art from edutilos-. haha

just buy yourself a bottle of Eclipse Cleaning Solution then with a good grade cotton bud, u can start cleaning the senor (actually its the filter) yourself.