Black hole !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone , i believe there alot of ppl picking up Dslr as a hobby recently just like me ;) and i believe that there are always some :devil: evil shop waiting to rip those noobs off like us who are new to tis hobby , can anyone share their good and bad exp with us where to get our gear , and beware of which shop to shop with in further ?:DThankyou.

I like to shop at MS color :thumbsup:

Good prices. No "rip off" tactics.

Bernard

Got my 1st SLR (film) from CP. Was totally new to photography then and did not make any research on the camera I wanted. Was comparing 2 models then and decided about a week later to get the one I got eventually. Was persuaded by the salesman there to get a longer lens together with my kit lens. Suspect that I was overcharged a lot for that lens. ;( Got my 1st DSLR from MS Color this time after getting a e-quote and I'm quite happy with it.

Guess it still voice down to knowing the market before committing.

I second MS color and recommend Lord's.

For CP, I seriously doubt i will visit there again. The prices are not competitive and had to ask for e-quote before any purchase.

I recalled an incident that i wanted a list of items. The prices differ from the e-quote and I had to clarify with the salesman. Probably they are targeting the tourists and those who did not do research.

As for MS color and Lord's, their prices seems to be very stable regardless if your physical appearance.

In my point of view , those dishonest shop will scare beginner away or stop them from entering tis hobby due to the overprices in another word killing tis hobby in a long run :cry:

There's no complain even if we are being put on the chopping board.

Technology has made it so easy and simple for us to check the prices for the equipments we wanted. It is simply our fault if we did not make do our homework and ended up being "chop".

Nevertheless, there are still very reputable shops that gives the same quote whether online or when you are there in person. As for other shops, even though they are known in the market for a substantial price difference between E-quote and in person, you can see that they are still very crowded.

i think there are lots of reviews on stores over at the consumers' corner subforum...

cheers

Pure, absolute Evil :devil: - Any shop selling cameras in SLS, Far East and Lucky Plaza and the orchard area in general. AP falls really close to this category.
Evil - Alan Photo and CP (you must do your research well for each shop and know people there to prevent getting carrot treatment).
Good - MS Color, TK Foto, John (and the other ones recommended by the ppl here except those mentioned above).

Pure, absolute Evil :devil: - Any shop selling cameras in SLS, Far East and Lucky Plaza and the orchard area in general. AP falls really close to this category.
Evil - Alan Photo and CP (you must do your research well for each shop and know people there to prevent getting carrot treatment).
Good - MS Color, TK Foto, John (and the other ones recommended by the ppl here except those mentioned above).
lucky plaza the Lord's.... consider evil meh??????

don't get anything from cathay unless you have e quote. cathay famous for the underhanded method of overcharging.

Status
Not open for further replies.