Black dot

Status
Not open for further replies.

haffendy

Mar 20, 2006
Hi guys!, I need help! I notice today that when I took a photo on the bright sky, there is a black dote which I don't know what . At first I thought is my lens dirty but when I change to another lens, the dote is still there at the same position. Is it my camera body dirty? I'm using Nikon D70s and sigma 18-200 lens and D70s kit lens. really need your advise. T:cry: hanks

no worries.

Send to Nikon Service Center for sensor cleaning.

Remember to check after they clean

Steps
(1) Stop down to f18, manual focusing
(2) Fill the frame with white paper or just take one of the white background brochures there
(3) Shoot and review to see if the dots are there or just shifted.

Sometimes it takes more then one cleaning
Cleaning is free during warranty, go more often!
After that its 25, then consider using blower. seriously, blower sometimes add more dust if you dont know how to do it properly!

Another option, use software to remove the black spots.

Regards,
tltan

A simple puff from the blower is usually enough to 'dislodge' the dust particle. If it's a stubborn stain, get it done at Nikon Service Centre.....unless you know how to do proper sensor cleaning.:thumbsup:

Thnaks guys! I managed to clean the sensor with a blower. Thakn you very much!:cheergal: :cheergal:

even after using a blower, there'll still be dust on your sensor, which become evident on long exposures. a sample from my camera which i took yeterday, and levels adjusted to show the dust

20min exposure
162160011_094b278546.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.