Black and Whites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Enjoy... CnC welcomed. cheers...

bnw.jpg

bnw2.jpg

I really like how the images on the top half of the second set seem to flow into the pictures below them. Nice:thumbsup:

Hi, you BW is very nice with good contrast.

Can I know did you convert your pic to BW from PS? Or you shoot in BW? If PS, which command you use har?? Thank you!

eel said:
I really like how the images on the top half of the second set seem to flow into the pictures below them. Nice:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comment. :)

lastboltnut said:
Hi, you BW is very nice with good contrast.

Can I know did you convert your pic to BW from PS? Or you shoot in BW? If PS, which command you use har?? Thank you!

Thank you. The answer to your question is yes, i converted my pictures to BW in a photo edit software called Microsoft Picture it. It is very similar to PS just that very much simpler functions and usage. But i took a little time to find out for you how to do the conversion in Photoshop. From trial and error, I used the desaturation function (Shift+Ctrl+U) And my images turned into BW. After which just play around with the tonal, contrast....etc.

PortraitsInDigital said:
Nice presentation...

Thanks, any comments on the images itself?

Chris Lim said:
From trial and error, I used the desaturation function (Shift+Ctrl+U) And my images turned into BW. After which just play around with the tonal, contrast....etc.

U can just change "image mode" from "RGB" to "Grayscale". That's what I do. However, for me I will always switch back to "RGB" mode even if the photo is monochrome, just so all my pix are in standard RGB format and I don't have to worry abt which I saved as Grayscale or RGB and so on.

And like someone else said, nice presentation. Very classy. I can picture it printed on glossy paper as part of a tabletop calendar or something

Chris Lim said:
Enjoy... CnC welcomed. cheers...

bnw.jpg

bnw2.jpg

:think: sorry for my frank view, and being the bad guy.
only the railroad track that is like a 'x' on the 1st picture, and the only railroad track on the 2nd pic seems like it can be use as insperational poster.

the rest are just material reference stock photo to me.:thumbsd:

coldman said:
:think: sorry for my frank view, and being the bad guy.
only the railroad track that is like a 'x' on the 1st picture, and the only railroad track on the 2nd pic seems like it can be use as insperational poster.

the rest are just material reference stock photo to me.:thumbsd:

Thanks A M Y for the info

Thanks coldman, You mention material reference photos. Hmmm care to comment on why you feel that that and how would u better inprove it if you were to shoot it? I realise that you are more of an event shooter and mini model shooter too. So why not share with me your creative eye on what you would shoot on a normal walk about too? I'm still pretty much a newborn newbie into photography, so your expertise would be much appreciated to help me improve.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.