Black and Whites


Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Senior Member
Oct 24, 2005
3,213
0
0
34
#1
Enjoy... CnC welcomed. cheers...



 

eel

Senior Member
Aug 14, 2003
1,183
0
36
Thomson
Visit site
#2
I really like how the images on the top half of the second set seem to flow into the pictures below them. Nice:thumbsup:
 

lastboltnut

Senior Member
Mar 23, 2006
4,528
0
0
Where the wind blows...
#3
Hi, you BW is very nice with good contrast.

Can I know did you convert your pic to BW from PS? Or you shoot in BW? If PS, which command you use har?? Thank you!
 

Chris Lim

Senior Member
Oct 24, 2005
3,213
0
0
34
#5
eel said:
I really like how the images on the top half of the second set seem to flow into the pictures below them. Nice:thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind comment. :)

lastboltnut said:
Hi, you BW is very nice with good contrast.

Can I know did you convert your pic to BW from PS? Or you shoot in BW? If PS, which command you use har?? Thank you!
Thank you. The answer to your question is yes, i converted my pictures to BW in a photo edit software called Microsoft Picture it. It is very similar to PS just that very much simpler functions and usage. But i took a little time to find out for you how to do the conversion in Photoshop. From trial and error, I used the desaturation function (Shift+Ctrl+U) And my images turned into BW. After which just play around with the tonal, contrast....etc.


PortraitsInDigital said:
Nice presentation...
Thanks, any comments on the images itself?
 

a_m_y

New Member
Jul 20, 2006
12
0
0
Singapore
somethinghere.com
#6
Chris Lim said:
From trial and error, I used the desaturation function (Shift+Ctrl+U) And my images turned into BW. After which just play around with the tonal, contrast....etc.
U can just change "image mode" from "RGB" to "Grayscale". That's what I do. However, for me I will always switch back to "RGB" mode even if the photo is monochrome, just so all my pix are in standard RGB format and I don't have to worry abt which I saved as Grayscale or RGB and so on.

And like someone else said, nice presentation. Very classy. I can picture it printed on glossy paper as part of a tabletop calendar or something
 

coldman

New Member
May 12, 2004
315
0
0
43
my house
#7
Chris Lim said:
Enjoy... CnC welcomed. cheers...



:think: sorry for my frank view, and being the bad guy.
only the railroad track that is like a 'x' on the 1st picture, and the only railroad track on the 2nd pic seems like it can be use as insperational poster.

the rest are just material reference stock photo to me.:thumbsd:
 

Chris Lim

Senior Member
Oct 24, 2005
3,213
0
0
34
#8
coldman said:
:think: sorry for my frank view, and being the bad guy.
only the railroad track that is like a 'x' on the 1st picture, and the only railroad track on the 2nd pic seems like it can be use as insperational poster.

the rest are just material reference stock photo to me.:thumbsd:
Thanks A M Y for the info

Thanks coldman, You mention material reference photos. Hmmm care to comment on why you feel that that and how would u better inprove it if you were to shoot it? I realise that you are more of an event shooter and mini model shooter too. So why not share with me your creative eye on what you would shoot on a normal walk about too? I'm still pretty much a newborn newbie into photography, so your expertise would be much appreciated to help me improve.

Cheers
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom