Bishan at night (panaromic - very wide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbchoong

Apr 1, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Here's a pic(s) I took and stitched. This image is resized (original size is like 1.2Mb, this one only 65kb).

This is view of Bishan taken my balcony.

Canon A40 zoomed to 3X (16mm focal length), F4.8, 3.2secs, timer activated shots.

bishan_sjpg.jpg

:)

Hi DBCHOONG,

Nice panoramic photo. :thumbsup:

Could you try taking panoramic photo in a daytime?... Wanna see also.

Quite interesting.

BTW, to take this panorama shot, does it mean that must use a panorama memory card, or your dgcam must have a panorama features to capture view as this one.

Thanks.

See this thread for a daytime shot.

The Canon A40 (and I think most of the current Canon digicams) has this Photostitch function that will help you take panoramic photos.

You can still take photos like this without Photostitch function on the camera. You take left to right or vice versa. Make sure some parts of 1st photo overlaps into the 2nd one and so on.

Then use Photostitch software that will join them together as one.

;)

Originally posted by Doods
Hi DBCHOONG,

Nice panoramic photo. :thumbsup:

Could you try taking panoramic photo in a daytime?... Wanna see also.

Quite interesting.

BTW, to take this panorama shot, does it mean that must use a panorama memory card, or your dgcam must have a panorama features to capture view as this one.

Thanks.

Originally posted by dbchoong

Canon A40 zoomed to 3X (16mm focal length), F4.8, 3.2secs, timer activated shots.

hmm..i stays in bishan too...i guess u stay in Bishan north??

i stays in Bishan Central anyway

i wonder why u have to zoom to 3x?? for panoramic shot...u should use the widest zoom as possible rite?

btw, i found the panoramic factory will do a better job than Photostitch software that come with your canon...

I'm at Sin Ming Ave.

I zoomed at 3X cause my balcony has grill. If I don't zoom, the grill will get into the shot.

Hmm.. panaromic factory... will check it out one day.

:)

Originally posted by kamwai

hmm..i stays in bishan too...i guess u stay in Bishan north??

i stays in Bishan Central anyway

i wonder why u have to zoom to 3x?? for panoramic shot...u should use the widest zoom as possible rite?

btw, i found the panoramic factory will do a better job than Photostitch software that come with your canon...

Status
Not open for further replies.